Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sawtooth-spike

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Alonso gonna love there engine when they are the only team using it.

Alonso is still good, but surely the team should be looking at the future? You can't build your team around a Drive who is in the twilight of his career
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Big Tea

A backward step I think
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ENGINE TUNER

Sawtooth-spike wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 17:09

Alonso is still good, but surely the team should be looking at the future? You can't build your team around a Drive who is in the twilight of his career
Alonso buys them a couple years to snatch a promising young driver, maybe a RUS or a NOR. They obviously didn't expect to lose RIC.
OCO is not the champion they are looking for, he has been extremely overhyped. Maybe he can develop into a 2nd driver.
They might later be interested in GAS(french), but he is also more of a 2nd driver.
ALO signing is an all out bet in hope that they have a championship level car in the 2022. He will be gone soon after.

Out of the drivers available ALO, VET, HUL, etc, ALO is the best available.

ENGINE TUNER

Big Tea wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 17:28
A backward step I think
Backward how? From who? The seat is empty in 2021. Backward from RIC? They had no choice in that, he left.

MtthsMlw

Sawtooth-spike

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 19:56
Sawtooth-spike wrote:

Alonso buys them a couple years to snatch a promising young driver, maybe a RUS or a NOR. They obviously didn't expect to lose RIC.
OCO is not the champion they are looking for, he has been extremely overhyped. Maybe he can develop into a 2nd driver.
They might later be interested in GAS(french), but he is also more of a 2nd driver.
ALO signing is an all out bet in hope that they have a championship level car in the 2022. He will be gone soon after.

Out of the drivers available ALO, VET, HUL, etc, ALO is the best available.
They had Jack Atkin? So they did have a young drivers programme. All you need to do is look at GP2 and see the amount of talent missing chances, because of things like this.

Alonso for all his talent, is not the man to build your team around. His track record speaks for itself.

Right now, they could have Probably either of the AT drivers, Hulk, Vettel, they could maybe get Cico and they could look at Vandoone i dont think Mclaren really offered him a situation to shine.

Alonso is 39 and wont of raced an f1 car for 2 years. This screams desperation from Renault, they need the big name. But given how the Honda relationship broke down, i can see this going the same route.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

AMG.Tzan

Wow! Didn't expect that from Renault...really nice!

Mclaren would have been a better option for Alonso i believe! But Mclaren shut the door on him and they were right to be fair to them...Alonso is 39 and 2 years out of F1...Ricciardo is a much better long term bet!

As for Vettel...i would love to see him in an Aston Martin next year...but there is no free seat there unfortunately!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Racer X

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/53325412

"Fernando Alonso is set to return to Formula 1 with Renault next year.

The Spanish two-time world champion, who will be 39 later this month, has signed and will be confirmed soon, sources have told BBC Sport."
This is amazing!
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

DVB

Aaaaaand when Renault is tired of fAilonso, Ferrari can pas out Sainz to make way for Fernando when the circle of joining 3 teams twice is closed....

Better make way for young blood. But im afraid Renault needs the publicity
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

PlatinumZealot

Sawtooth-spike wrote:

It is a statement of intent i would say.

Renault announce " Toto, Christian, Mattia! We are serious about challenging you in 2022! We gonna kick ur butt! "

(turns head towards the garage and sees....)

Ocon and..

Vettel? Nerp.. Not on this current form sbinnala boy aint threating no top three.

Valterri?? ... Well he's quick but people think he is too nice... wingman wont scare anyone.

Ganhzou.... Erm.. Ehem.. Yeah moving on..

Nico Hulkenberg... Erm.. Yeah.. The guy who drops podiums like hot bread.

ALONSO.... BAM!! The samurai!! BAM!!! Six tenths!

Now we're cooking!

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Sawtooth-spike

PlatinumZealot wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 21:31
Sawtooth-spike wrote:

It is a statement of intent i would say.

Renault announce " Toto, Christian, Mattia! We are serious about challenging you in 2022! We gonna kick ur butt! "

(turns head towards the garage and sees....)

Ocon and..

Vettel? Nerp.. Not on this current form sbinnala boy aint threating no top three.

Valterri?? ... Well he's quick but people think he is too nice... wingman wont scare anyone.

Ganhzou.... Erm.. Ehem.. Yeah moving on..

Nico Hulkenberg... Erm.. Yeah.. The guy who drops podiums like hot bread.

ALONSO.... BAM!! The samurai!! BAM!!! Six tenths!

Now we're cooking!

https://i.gifer.com/1X98.gif
I had Forgotten about the six tenths.At the last GP that would have put them on Par with Mclaren :)

Schuttelberg

To be really honest, I'm not that excited about this. I think what I have seen in Austria this weekend is the surge of a new generation and it is just so so refreshing. Okay, I'd love for it to be for the lead but I don't ever remember 7/8 young raw turks just smashing it out for every inch of the track.
At this current moment, I just don't see the value in a Vettel (who mind you is my fav driver) and even lesser value in someone like an Alonso.
This statement of intent was shown even when Daniel was signed. The car matters and considering how F1 is going, I'd have shown more interest in making a coup by getting someone like George Russell.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Big Tea

DVB wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 21:06
Aaaaaand when Renault is tired of fAilonso, Ferrari can pas out Sainz to make way for Fernando when the circle of joining 3 teams twice is closed....

Better make way for young blood. But im afraid Renault needs the publicity
Alonso often attracts the wrong sort of publicity. He has always been a superb driver, but despite his fans always telling us different, to my mind he is always an upsetting force in a team. Yes, I know someone will replay he is not because XYZ, but that is my feelings.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Nathanael F1

As much as I admire Alonso's driving ability, I don't think Renault is making a good decision for the future.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

SmallSoldier

If the news of Alonso end up been true, which we will find out in a few hours it seems:

A) Do you think there is a possibility of a shake up in 2020 from a driver’s perspective? The relationship between Seb and Ferrari doesn’t look very good right now, could this accelerate the moves of Sainz to Ferrari, Ric to Mclaren and Alonso to Renault? Yes, this implies Seb sitting out the season, but with as ruthless as F1 is and specially Red Bull, could he move to Red Bull instead of Albon? Or simply be paid to stay at home?

B) If the above is possible (although unlikely), what would happen with the points of each driver? Can’t remember what actually happen with Gasly’s points once he moved from STR to Red Bull... It is fairly early in the season for such moves not having a huge impact on the teams positions in the Championship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk