[ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

search

that was really some incredible poor strategic work from the team today. Vettel showed what was possible with a 1-stopper, but instead they sent Kvyat out with exactly the same strategy as the Top 10, on a track where you can't overtake...

ispano6

Extremely disappointing and upsetting to hear that Pierre's house was burglarized while he was gone for the weekend in Spain. It really could happen to anyone who's whereabouts are well known but he doesn't deserve this at all.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... LVi6b.html

etusch

Big Tea

That is phenomenal
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

Team boss Franz Tost of AlphaTauri expects to have Tsunoda under his care within the foreseeable future.

"Red Bull and Honda support Tsunoda because he is a fantastic driver," he says to Motorsport.com. "He is very talented, and has many qualities that he showed last year in Formla 3 and will show again this year". He's still improving his performance, he's becoming more and more experienced and I expect to have him at Alphatauri sooner or later of course".

In Formula 2, Yuki Tsunoda, a descendant of the Honda family who now also drives for Red Bull, is doing very well. In a season where not one driver really stands out from the rest, he is now in fourth place in the championship with one victory and three podium finishes.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/66124/kv ... tauri.html

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-to ... i/4859672/
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 16:59
Team boss Franz Tost of AlphaTauri expects to have Tsunoda under his care within the foreseeable future.

"Red Bull and Honda support Tsunoda because he is a fantastic driver," he says to Motorsport.com. "He is very talented, and has many qualities that he showed last year in Formla 3 and will show again this year". He's still improving his performance, he's becoming more and more experienced and I expect to have him at Alphatauri sooner or later of course".

In Formula 2, Yuki Tsunoda, a descendant of the Honda family who now also drives for Red Bull, is doing very well. In a season where not one driver really stands out from the rest, he is now in fourth place in the championship with one victory and three podium finishes.

By family, do they mean as in Blood, or as in max is one of the Red Bull family?
Not that it matters, just for my interest

Marti_EF3

I think they mean he always have been part of the Honda project since early days. If have any direct relationship with Soichiro Honda is unknown, but I doubt it

Wouter

Big Tea wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 17:40
Wouter wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 16:59

By family, do they mean as in Blood, or as in max is one of the Red Bull family?
Tsunoda is not a blood relative of the Honda family (could of course have been),
but a member of the Honda Formula Dream Project
and the Red Bull Junior Team.

.... In 2017, Tsunoda started his first full season of single-seater racing in the F4 Japanese Championship while also contesting in the regional East series of the JAF F4 Japanese Championship. Tsunoda won the title of the regional championship while finishing fourth in the national Formula 4 championship. He contested both championships with Honda.
Tsunoda continued to race in Japanese F4 in 2018 joining the Honda Formula Dream Project team. Tsunoda claimed the title amassing seven wins.
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 20:08
Big Tea wrote:

Tsunoda is not a blood relative of the Honda family (could of course have been),

.... In 2017, Tsunoda started his first full season of single-seater racing in the F4 Japanese Championship while also contesting in the regional East series of the JAF F4 Japanese Championship. Tsunoda won the title of the regional championship while finishing fourth in the national Formula 4 championship. He contested both championships with Honda.
Tsunoda continued to race in Japanese F4 in 2018 joining the Honda Formula Dream Project team. Tsunoda claimed the title amassing seven wins.
Thanks. Although it would have been good if he was great grand son or something.

Marti_EF3

Big Tea wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 21:24
Wouter wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 20:08
Big Tea wrote:

Thanks. Although it would have been good if he was great grand son or something.
Soichiro's son founded Mugen back in the 80's. Other than that, I haven't seen any other family members involved in motorsport. At least visible

Wouter

Interview Helmut Marko in Speedweek. Google Translated.

At AlphaTauri, Gasly drives solidly, but Kvyat is falling behind.

Yes, Daniil doesn’t perform as we expected. But we're still just before half-time. And the Auer (Lucas, note) is not on my list, if that's what you mean.
No. But who would have an F1 super license from the Red Bull squad?

Tsunoda in Formula 2 and Lawson in Formula 3 are currently in positions that qualify for a super license.
But we are not thinking of exchanging Kvyat.
https://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/ ... ntakt.html

English translated. https://translate.google.com/translate? ... ntakt.html
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

On their way yesterday afternoon. In the Honda/AlphaTauri Jet? :)

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

It isa very difficult weekend for Pierre. It is a year ago since his best friend Anthoine Hubert died at Spa. :cry:

There will be a minute of silence in remembrance of Anthoine Hubert before F1 and F2 (saturday) races.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

=D> =D> =D>

The Power of Dreams!