Ferrari SF1000

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
F1NAC

Re: Ferrari SF1000

nemanja wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 16:56
F1NAC wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 16:16
Dunno about further upgrades, but I've read somewhere on twitter where Binotto gave statement to Italian media (I think?) where he says that team found problems and corrected them and it seems that now they have understanding where to further develop this base for next year.
Any link maybe?

Binotto: "The race was important because we made some changes that were in the direction of next year's development. We expected some answers and they came. We believe that the path is the right one, we know which direction to go. Binotto:" The race it was important because we made some changes that were in the direction of next year's development. We expected some answers and they came. We believe that the path is the right one, we know which direction to go.

wowgr8

kimmmykim wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 13:04
Does Ferrari have any more upgrades lined up? The incremental upgrades they've brought the last few races seemed to have worked well. It would be nice for them to continue along that path. It's sort of unusual for Ferrari 's aerodynamic upgrades to work right out of the box, but they seemed to have pulled it off. Might they be related to the new simulator they've been working on for some time now? The upgrades bode really well for the future.

More upgrades coming at Imola. The new simulator isn't ready yet. I think it was meant to be completed this year but COVID. Scheduled for completion mid 2021 if I'm not mistaken

FDD
FDD

wowgr8 wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 12:21
kimmmykim wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 13:04
Does Ferrari have any more upgrades lined up? The incremental upgrades they've brought the last few races seemed to have worked well. It would be nice for them to continue along that path. It's sort of unusual for Ferrari 's aerodynamic upgrades to work right out of the box, but they seemed to have pulled it off. Might they be related to the new simulator they've been working on for some time now? The upgrades bode really well for the future.

More upgrades coming at Imola. The new simulator isn't ready yet. I think it was meant to be completed this year but COVID. Scheduled for completion mid 2021 if I'm not mistaken
I read somewhere that the new simulator is planned for spring next year.
PS Do you have any further info what kind of upgrades are coming in Imola?

ryaan2904

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... a/4899835/

According to motorsport Italy, the Ferrari has the same 'rear suspension' problem, to a lesser extent, as that of the Haas VF20. They argue that the rear suspension on the Ferrari changes ride height mid race and disrupts the balance. Thats why its got one lap pace but bleak race pace.
They also say that Ferrari are going to spend their 2 tokens on rear suspension and steering box.
CFD Eyes of Sauron

ryaan2904

Personally, I can't believe these are the guys who made the 2017 and 2018 chassis :|
CFD Eyes of Sauron

JordanMugen

ryaan2904 wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 13:12
Personally, I can't believe these are the guys who made the 2017 and 2018 chassis :|
But the chassis is really good?

It has good pace, good cornering speed. It's a tidy machine! :)

With more power, it could be quite competitive indeed. =D>

ryaan2904

JordanMugen wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 13:55
ryaan2904 wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 13:12
But the chassis is really good?

It has good pace, good cornering speed. It's a tidy machine! :)

With more power, it could be quite competitive indeed. =D>
Yeah.. it did start to show some pace in the past few races. I'm hoping that with a killer suspension, a new engine and slimmer sidepod/cokebottle region, the car will start showing its true pace [-o<
CFD Eyes of Sauron

wowgr8

FDD wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 12:25

"At Imola we will see other updates to the aerodynamics of the SF1000, a sign that the evolution of the package has not ended in Portugal: there could be other changes to the bottom, in addition to the adaptation of the wings, to continue a constant development waiting for next year the two tokens on the rear suspension and steering gear are played."

Though Nugnes' words should always been taken with a pinch of salt

FDD
FDD

wowgr8 wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 03:49
FDD wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 12:25

"At Imola we will see other updates to the aerodynamics of the SF1000, a sign that the evolution of the package has not ended in Portugal: there could be other changes to the bottom, in addition to the adaptation of the wings, to continue a constant development waiting for next year the two tokens on the rear suspension and steering gear are played."

Though Nugnes' words should always been taken with a pinch of salt
I red this 20 min. ago, but thank you very much :)

ryaan2904

In this video, The Race explains haas' infamous rear suspension problem and what could be causing it. Now, that aside, what's the important bit here is that haas buys its suspension components from Ferrari :shock: :o

I'm positive Ferrari faces the same problem. :cry: It all adds up, 1. With the general complaints all thru the season, of the balance being all over the place, especially in the rear. 2. Ferrari later clarifying with a statement that they "discovered a tuning fault in the rear hydraulic suspension", which they "corrected" (this was around the Russian/eifel gp i think). 3. Focus on rebuilding the rear suspension for 2021. This is one big --- up from the team. I don't believe in the 'revolving doors' policy, but that one guy who designed this must be fired.
Hats off to Leclerc tho. If this is true, his performance is legendary.
CFD Eyes of Sauron

CjC
CjC

Sounds good to me 8)
Just a fan's point of view

Xwang

ryaan2904 wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 20:09

In this video, The Race explains haas' infamous rear suspension problem and what could be causing it. Now, that aside, what's the important bit here is that haas buys its suspension components from Ferrari :shock: :o

I'm positive Ferrari faces the same problem. :cry: It all adds up, 1. With the general complaints all thru the season, of the balance being all over the place, especially in the rear. 2. Ferrari later clarifying with a statement that they "discovered a tuning fault in the rear hydraulic suspension", which they "corrected" (this was around the Russian/eifel gp i think). 3. Focus on rebuilding the rear suspension for 2021. This is one big --- up from the team. I don't believe in the 'revolving doors' policy, but that one guy who designed this must be fired.
Hats off to Leclerc tho. If this is true, his performance is legendary.
Why the guy must be fired? If he/she has learned the lesson it is better for Ferrari to keep that knowledge instead of gifting it to other teams.
The only ones that need to be fired are the ones (if any) who do not work or the ones who make mistakes purposely and do keep making errors without learning and the ones who keep with a point finger culture.
Instigating fear (to be fired) is not the correct way to extract the best performance from staff when a creative and innovative approach is needed.
Moreover the whole structure need to be able to learn from mistakes made by the single and generally it is done improving processes and tools to minimize the possibility the same issue happens again.
If the described issue is real, my idea is that someone has not properly tested, validated and verified the design maybe to try to quickly recover a delay in developing hydraulic suspension component with respect to the other teams.

Sevach

Between preseason and the cancelled Australian GP there was a rumour that Ferrari had gearbox/rear suspension flex...

At this point it's unknown wether Ferrari fixed it entirely, remediated or anything of the sort.

wowgr8

Sevach wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 03:39
Between preseason and the cancelled Australian GP there was a rumour that Ferrari had gearbox/rear suspension flex...

At this point it's unknown wether Ferrari fixed it entirely, remediated or anything of the sort.
afaik they didn't do it because they want to save their tokens for larger scale changes next year

Sevach

wowgr8 wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 17:18
Sevach wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 03:39

afaik they didn't do it because they want to save their tokens for larger scale changes next year
There was a possibility that they changed it before Austria, but they denied it, so it's probably true.