[ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

AlphaTauri driver Daniil Kvyat insists that he’s not worried about his Formula 1 future despite the chances of holding on to his seat receding.

“Honestly, I'm not at all worried,” said the Russian when asked by Motorsport.com about his future.

“Whatever. If I'm gonna be in F1 next year it's good. If not, then so be it.”

Kvyat insisted that it was too early to look at other championships.

“I am completely at the moment not thinking about this. It's not my priority right now. I can afford a year off, or anything I want. So, we will see. I still don't know exactly what it's gonna be.

“I'm gonna do my best in the last few races remaining. It's always the best thing to do, to fully focus on that, and then we will see what the future will bring. Of course, I'm aware that anything can happen.”

Pressed on the possibility of taking a year out, he said: “I haven't said anything. I didn't say I will. Or I will not. I said everything is still open. It's in these crazy conditions, you know, everything can happen.

“You need to keep fighting until the end, take your chances. I'm just doing my best in these five races remaining. And then, whatever will happen, then I will make my decisions based on what it's gonna be at the end of the year.

“Right now there is no decision to make, and therefore not much to think. I'm just saying that I can afford any sort of decision. That's what I'm saying. And I'm not afraid to take any sort of decision.”

Kvyat has no comment on the Red Bull management’s decision not to promote an AlphaTauri driver should Albon be dropped.

“I haven't thought about this. It's their business. They know their strategy. They know what they need. I don't want at all to interfere or anything. Just that. Really, no comments.”
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

It's been 14 years since Imola lasted hosted a Formula 1 Grand Prix and a lot has changed since then, especially the cars! Once the F1 shutdown period was over, our team drove down to the Imola circuit to get back to grips with F1 operations ahead of the F1 2020 restart, so we snuck an onboard lap in with Daniil Kvyat and the AT01, you know, just in case we'd need it ;)

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

nzjrs

Oh wow, of all the tribute to senna helmets, I love this one and how it's integrated with the AT aesthetic

Wouter

Qualifying: Gasly 4th place! =D> =D> =D>

:!: :!: :!: Marko at Sky Germany:

The Power of Dreams!

Juzh

Gasly's P4 lap (open in yt)

godlameroso

If you hear the engine knocking you should pull it to the side, I guess it hasn't been serviced in all this time.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

Gasly and AT looks strong. I would like to see them on podium. A voice inside me says a win comming for Redbull.

velizare

what was the issue with gasly's car?

nzjrs

velizare wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:07
what was the issue with gasly's car?
He said water pressure in a German interview.

godlameroso

Good drive from Kvyat. Water pressure? Coolant leak? Maybe the engine was overheating.
Saishū kōnā

ispano6

Hopefully not a coolant leak due to a pierced radiator. Seemed that there was an issue before the race? You would think by now they would avoid such issues that would lead to DNFs. GUTTED for Gasly but Kvyat showed some class and put the AT where it belonged.

proteus

I was expecting more drivers would have their races ended by all the leaves which was on the track, possibly clogging radiators. But it didnt happen.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows