[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

diffuser wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 18:03
selvam_e2002 wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 17:03
why there is no update from Renault compared to other teams?

are they going to bring any update in next couple of races?
You sure there are no updates ? We don't see alot of pcis of the Renault. I haven't been looking at it closely enough to notice minute changes.
I don't see any update in Renault racing website, formula1.com.f1-live.com,gptoday.com etc... however we could see other teams update news in all the website.

Hence I asked the question in forum to see if some one has any information on the update.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 08:16
diffuser wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 18:03
selvam_e2002 wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 17:03
why there is no update from Renault compared to other teams?

are they going to bring any update in next couple of races?
You sure there are no updates ? We don't see alot of pcis of the Renault. I haven't been looking at it closely enough to notice minute changes.
I don't see any update in Renault racing website, formula1.com.f1-live.com,gptoday.com etc... however we could see other teams update news in all the website.

Hence I asked the question in forum to see if some one has any information on the update.
So this is the team site. The technical is Renault Sport R.S.20. looks like they have new deflectors.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Interview with Abiteboul.

Abiteboul: "Now Renault is against freezing the engines!"

The Renault boss granted himself to the Italian press, including Motorsport.com, for a 360 ° interview on the present and future of one of the teams that have grown the most in this crazy and dramatic 2020 season.

Abiteboul, is Renault now for or against the freezing of engines in F1?
"It's a good question. If you had asked me six months ago we would have pushed hard for an even lower budget cap, to try to keep chassis costs down, but also to reduce those related to the engine by accepting freezing. But Red Bull Racing and Honda were against it and we accepted it. We continued on a different path. "

"Since then we have been very busy working on the 2022 engine platform. So if you ask me today what I think about engine freezing, my position is obviously different from what I had 6 months ago. I am against engine freezing, we have no intention of stopping what could be a very important platform for us. We do not accept that. "

"Now we have to talk to find a solution for the engines of the future in the medium-long term also from the point of view of the sustainability of the new power units. We are in favor of talking about medium-long term plans for the engines of the future, but certainly not about the freezing of power units ".

How do you rate Renault's 2020 season in Formula 1 today?

What is your technical vision of the upcoming F1 engines? What would Renault want to focus on?

What will make you satisfied at the end of the season?

.........etc.
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/renau ... =widget-22
The Power of Dreams!

Andres125sx

That´s recorded with a racing drone... and they didn´t call me! :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tangodjango
tangodjango

Stunning lap from Ricciardo. Hope it isn't for his car.

“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

search

it was a bit of an odd session for Ricciardo, late out in Q1, slow, only one lap (while all others did two), therefor facing the risk to miss Q2, and super enthusiastic about his Q3 lap in the end, although the the result was not extraordinary (although still strong of course), to say so. So whether this tweet is related or not, I'd say there could be something not 100% right with the car indeed

bucker
bucker

Can we start some sort of petition that Ric can stay with the team for next year. I'm huge Renault fan and Daniel progressing with the team is so good to watch.

CjC
CjC

bucker wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 15:51
Can we start some sort of petition that Ric can stay with the team for next year. I'm huge Renault fan and Daniel progressing with the team is so good to watch.
Imagine where Renault would be if they kept Hulkenberg for this season?
Hulk was never that far from Ricciardo where as Ocon is.... proving why Merc wouldn’t gamble on him along side Bottas
Just a fan's point of view

bucker
bucker

CjC wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:06
bucker wrote:
Hulk was never that far from Ricciardo where as Ocon is.... proving why Merc wouldn’t gamble on him along side Bottas
Yes Ocon is far off the pace. I'm also not so sure about Fernando next year.

CjC
CjC

bucker wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:10
CjC wrote:
bucker wrote:
It’s going to be an interesting watch. If Alonso and Ocon are closely matched then it’s obviously a step back not having Ricciardo in the team
Just a fan's point of view

diffuser

CjC wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:13
bucker wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 16:10
CjC wrote:

It’s going to be an interesting watch. If Alonso and Ocon are closely matched then it’s obviously a step back not having Ricciardo in the team
Don't be worried about Alonso.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Alonso putting lot of effect and he is a driver who is learning all the time in his career. So, I doubt he would disappoint us. I would say he will be better than Ric.

I also strongly believe, if they secure 4th place before last race, there is a chance Alonso can jump in with Ocon or Ric car. Alonso keen on getting into the car asap.

Mclarensenna

selvam_e2002 wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 19:46
Alonso putting lot of effect and he is a driver who is learning all the time in his career. So, I doubt he would disappoint us. I would say he will be better than Ric.

I also strongly believe, if they secure 4th place before last race, there is a chance Alonso can jump in with Ocon or Ric car. Alonso keen on getting into the car asap.
1 point separates 3rd to 5th. The constructors being wrapped up before the last race is extremely unlikely.
On top Racing point is massively faster in most races. Perez was so much faster in Italy. Racing point has the better car but Renault have the better drivers. It is going to go down to the wire it seems!