Will Covid 19 impact 2022 season?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Just_a_fan

Re: Will Covid 19 impact 2021 season?

Wouter wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 10:39
Soon all drivers will have to return to the factories in England for meetings and simulator work and other things. How is that going? Does everyone there first have to be quarantined for 10 days? How are the rules there at the moment and are they allowed to enter the country at all?
They'll need a negative test and then 10 days quarantine unless they're coming from a travel corridor country.
Pre-departure Covid-19 testing will now be required for everyone travelling to England from 04:00 GMT on Monday.

The rules had been due to come into force on Friday, but the government said people needed time "to prepare".

Those arriving by plane, train or boat, including UK nationals, will have to take a test up to 72 hours before leaving the country they are in.

Anyone arriving from places not on the UK's travel corridor list must still self-isolate for 10 days.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55656589
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

El Scorchio

Wouter wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 19:37
nevill3 wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 19:22
I must admit I have only just seen the Crofty video, it was posted earlier today and I do not follow Twitter or regularly visit autosport.com. So is this a good idea or bad for the teams etc.
My message wasn't for you, but for Crofty. :wink:

I don't know where to put this.

Brazilian judge suspends Saulo Paulo's Formula One contract!

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/76457/br ... tract.html
It's entirely likely Crofty's comments were recorded far earlier on the day, before the tweet, and just replayed or repeated later on Sky.

Nathanael F1

Charles Leclerc just posted on Instagram that he tested positive for COVID. Mild symptoms and isolating at home in Monaco.
https://instagram.com/stories/charles_l ... igojg7lu38
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Just_a_fan

With Charles now testing positive for COVID, that's a quarter of the drivers that have or have had the virus so far - Sergio, Lance, Lewis, Lando, Charles. I wonder who will be next...

Baulz

Are the drivers required to announce a positive test during the off-season?

the EDGE

Baulz wrote:
14 Jan 2021, 18:15
Are the drivers required to announce a positive test during the off-season?
They’re not required to announce it at all, but they do have to inform the FIA

I guess they just want to ensure fact beats rumour

Wouter

This is NOT official announced

"No races in Monaco, Azerbaijan and Canada, these are the replacements"

It seems that the coronavirus may again spoil a number of races this season. The Grands Prix of Monaco, Azerbaijan and Canada are in jeopardy and it seems that there will be no Grand Prix this year.

This is not the end of the changes to the calendar. Formule1.nl reports that the races of Monaco, Azerbaijan and Canada will disappear in 2021. These are street circuits where the construction of the track starts months before the race.

Despite the disappearance of the circuits, Formula 1 already seems to have found replacements. Like last year, Istanbul Park, Mugello and Nurburging are candidates to fill the empty slots. The empty 'TBC' slot seems to go to Portimao.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/76616/no ... ments.html

According to various sources, the GPs of Monaco, Azerbaijan and Canada would announce next month that they are forced to skip another year.
https://www.formule1.nl/nieuws/monaco-b ... -al-klaar/
The Power of Dreams!

Tommy Cookers

Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Jan 2021, 12:38
Wouter wrote:
Soon all drivers will have to return to the factories in England for meetings and simulator work and other things. How is that going? Does everyone there first have to be quarantined for 10 days? How are the rules there at the moment and are they allowed to enter the country at all?
They'll need a negative test and then 10 days quarantine unless they're coming from a travel corridor country.
now -
from 0400 there's no travel corridors
and assurances that the quarantines will be better enforced

Just_a_fan

Tommy Cookers wrote:
17 Jan 2021, 23:12
Just_a_fan wrote:
Wouter wrote:
now -
It's a changing picture from day to day at the moment, that's for sure. What the rules will be in a week or two weeks is anyone's guess.

Edit: quarantine can be reduced if a negative test is returned after 5 days of quarantine. Anyone arriving without proof of a negative test before departure will be fined £500 on arrival.

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 00:47
Tommy Cookers wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

now -
It's a changing picture from day to day at the moment, that's for sure. What the rules will be in a week or two weeks is anyone's guess.

Edit: quarantine can be reduced if a negative test is returned after 5 days of quarantine. Anyone arriving without proof of a negative test before departure will be fined £500 on arrival.
Not really relevant in this case, but I have to ask?

What happens after the £500 is paid? Are they sent on their way. Returned to departure point?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Just_a_fan

Big Tea wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 13:33
Just_a_fan wrote:
Tommy Cookers wrote:

now -

What happens after the £500 is paid? Are they sent on their way. Returned to departure point?
I guess they just go in to the 10 day quarantine. I would hope it's strictly enforced but I wouldn't bet more than a pint on that being the case.

nzjrs

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 14:05
Big Tea wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

I guess they just go in to the 10 day quarantine. I would hope it's strictly enforced but I wouldn't bet more than a pint on that being the case.
I've been in the 10 day quarentine 4 times in the UK since the system started. I've never been contacted, controlled, or checked up on once.

Also, the early out after 5 days with a negative test is a bit of a joke, because assuming zero additional delays, it's 2+ days to get a negative test of accepted standard due to the lack of (even private) testing capacity and postage delays. It saves you maybe 2 days from experience, and costs over 100 quid (last time I did it anyway)

Wouter

nzjrs wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 15:09
I've been in the 10 day quarentine 4 times in the UK since the system started. I've never been contacted, controlled, or checked up on once.

Also, the early out after 5 days with a negative test is a bit of a joke, because assuming zero additional delays, it's 2+ days to get a negative test of accepted standard due to the lack of (even private) testing capacity and postage delays. It saves you maybe 2 days from experience, and costs over 100 quid (last time I did it anyway)

The Power of Dreams!

Just_a_fan

nzjrs wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 15:09
Just_a_fan wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

Doesn't surprise me at all. Without wishing to take the thread down the politics sewer, the UK's response has been rubbish from day one. No surprise to those of us who know what our Prime Minister and his mates are like. "Useless" is the polite version. :evil:

adrianjordan

Just_a_fan wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

There is no enforcement of it. I've had a couple of patients at work who should have been quarantining, but weren't and the Police said they simply didn't have enough resources to do anything about it when I asked whether they wanted to follow up.

Same as people not isolating when they should.

I find it very interesting, yet also dismaying, that we seem to be one of the worst countries for people obeying the rules and then people are crying out for and end of lockdown etc.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️