2021 Williams F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

2021 Williams F1 Team

Team: Image Williams Racing
Base: Image Grove, Wantage, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Team principal: Jost Capito (CEO), Simon Roberts (TP)
Technical director(s): Sir Patrick Head (?)

Race drivers:
TBA Image Nicholas Latifi
63 Image George Russell

Chassis: FW44
Engine: Mercedes V6 Turbo

This thread is to discuss the 2021 Williams F1 TEAM
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Morteza

Re: 2021 Williams F1 Team

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ScottR267

Manoah2u

It's nice, but i'm starting to get a bit suffocated with the 'retro' liveries.
A change of livery neither will bring sudden glory, and to be frank, i think it's a bit insulting to have a backmarker dog of a car posing as a glory days vehicle.
Williams needs to let go of clinging and boasting about the past, and work on a brand new future.

Potentially, there are two 'big' sponsors available, but due to the fact Williams is plum last, i don't think they have a bargaining position.

BWT for example could be looking into a new client, after Aston Martin has signed with Cognizant and parted with BWT.
However, Racing Point/Aston was a team where they could finish top 6. Williams is, by all means, dead last. Not really good exposure,
but even worse if you were with another more successfull team. The general public will only see "that pink car" suddenly at the back of the grid,
bad publicity. Much more likely that BWT would make a deal with Haas (which would be a little fun and ironic with Mazepin).

Then there's bad santa's Rich energy claiming they'll announce a comeback in February with F1.
Though i am rather doubtfull about this, i have come to the conclusion that nothing surprises me anymore in F1, so it could happen.
However, Rich energy parted with Haas due to lack of results. Why would they sign with a team even worse?
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

the EDGE

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 22:51
A change of livery neither will bring sudden glory, and to be frank, i think it's a bit insulting to have a backmarker dog of a car posing as a glory days vehicle.
Williams needs to let go of clinging and boasting about the past, and work on a brand new future.

Potentially, there are two 'big' sponsors available, but due to the fact Williams is plum last, i don't think they have a bargaining position.

BWT for example could be looking into a new client, after Aston Martin has signed with Cognizant and parted with BWT.
However, Racing Point/Aston was a team where they could finish top 6. Williams is, by all means, dead last. Not really good exposure,
but even worse if you were with another more successfull team. The general public will only see "that pink car" suddenly at the back of the grid,
bad publicity. Much more likely that BWT would make a deal with Haas (which would be a little fun and ironic with Mazepin).

Then there's bad santa's Rich energy claiming they'll announce a comeback in February with F1.
Though i am rather doubtfull about this, i have come to the conclusion that nothing surprises me anymore in F1, so it could happen.
However, Rich energy parted with Haas due to lack of results. Why would they sign with a team even worse?
Rich energy has no plans to come back into F1 nor would anyone trust them to pay the bill. I very much doubt they could get their foot foot through the door of any F1 team without having it slammed very firmly in their face. The whole press release was nothing more than a mad-mans way of trying to get some free publicity

As for BWT, I wouldn’t think the average person would even know who they, are let alone care were the car was running. I would imagine corporate tie-in/hospitality made up a large part of the deal with RP, and Williams is a much more well know brand than RP were. This makes much more sense

ScottR267

Manoah2u wrote:

Whilst I do tend to agree with you about bringing back old liveries, I do quite like the mock up done!

Realistically tho the car white will be similar to last seasons unless they have signed a major sponsor which changes the colour scheme. I for one hope they have managed to sign some big sponsors as the car did look very bare last season albeit poor performances can do that as we saw with McLaren!

Surely all the talk about Rich Energy is just nonsense from Mr Storey?? I can’t see Williams and the new owners falling for his nonsense!

Manoah2u

Don't get me wrong, I think the mock up is well executed, but personally, i'm fed up with living in the past. I've become even bored with artistic retro mclaren-marlboro liveries.

for example, this really, REALLY gets my heart racing

Yes, it's simple and plain, but it just looks so clean, good and refreshing.

Scorpaguy

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 23:58
Don't get me wrong, I think the mock up is well executed, but personally, i'm fed up with living in the past. I've become even bored with artistic retro mclaren-marlboro liveries.

for example, this really, REALLY gets my heart racing

https://www.racedepartment.com/attachme ... pg.388945/

Yes, it's simple and plain, but it just looks so clean, good and refreshing.
Yep...classy and would lead the grid (in liveries) IMHO. I wish F1 would look at some of the styling cues from FD and D1GP...that would enliven some of the liveries.

proteus

ScottR267 wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 23:40
Manoah2u wrote:

Whilst I do tend to agree with you about bringing back old liveries, I do quite like the mock up done!

Realistically tho the car white will be similar to last seasons unless they have signed a major sponsor which changes the colour scheme. I for one hope they have managed to sign some big sponsors as the car did look very bare last season albeit poor performances can do that as we saw with McLaren!

Surely all the talk about Rich Energy is just nonsense from Mr Storey?? I can’t see Williams and the new owners falling for his nonsense!
Money up front would do the trick i guess.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

genarro

Maybe Dorilton will bring one of their sponsor or they will sponsor their own brands/companies/etc.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Big Tea

A way of getting air time? good plan probably
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

waynes

probably quicker than Latifi

diffuser

Manoah2u wrote:

I'm just happy they got rid of the colour blind guy they had painting the car the last few. Years.....

Scorpaguy

waynes wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 19:36
probably quicker than Latifi
"probably"???

I think you meant "DEFINITELY" =D>