2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
User avatar
Morteza
2381
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Mateo
Mateo
1
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:15 am

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

Alonso has 2 teeth broken. He’s lucky. It could be worst.

Mateo
Mateo
1
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:15 am

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

Esteban Ocon has taken the wheel today at Paul Ricard track’s.
because there’s only few days of test in Bahreïn, it’s good to see Alpine seeking compensate for the lack of driving days of their pilots.

What’s a pity that Alonso is not there. Because of his accident (?).

J-34 Before Bahreïn’s GP !


PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory
19
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:52 am

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

Mateo wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:45 pm
Esteban Ocon has taken the wheel today at Paul Ricard track’s.
because there’s only few days of test in Bahreïn, it’s good to see Alpine seeking compensate for the lack of driving days of their pilots.

What’s a pity that Alonso is not there. Because of his accident (?).

J-34 Before Bahreïn’s GP !

I dont understand why they are running an R.S. Car.. last years? Its just a testing livery... is any of this car part of the new Alpine..? is this just for promotional footage? I hope the new car/engine is ready this year because other teams will have moved forwards with their engine.. and without Renault engine customers.. we will never hear a 3rd party opinion on the engine.. we also dont have another reference point in testing.. its going to be sketchy...
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

User avatar
adrianjordan
82
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am
Location: West Yorkshire, England

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:45 pm
Mateo wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:45 pm
Esteban Ocon has taken the wheel today at Paul Ricard track’s.
because there’s only few days of test in Bahreïn, it’s good to see Alpine seeking compensate for the lack of driving days of their pilots.

What’s a pity that Alonso is not there. Because of his accident (?).

J-34 Before Bahreïn’s GP !

I dont understand why they are running an R.S. Car.. last years? Its just a testing livery... is any of this car part of the new Alpine..? is this just for promotional footage? I hope the new car/engine is ready this year because other teams will have moved forwards with their engine.. and without Renault engine customers.. we will never hear a 3rd party opinion on the engine.. we also dont have another reference point in testing.. its going to be sketchy...
I think it's to give Esteban some time behind the wheel and they'll be able to practice trackside procedures, pit stops etc.
Working on the front line in the NHS.

User avatar
diffuser
211
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

adrianjordan wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:34 pm
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:45 pm
Mateo wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:45 pm
Esteban Ocon has taken the wheel today at Paul Ricard track’s.
because there’s only few days of test in Bahreïn, it’s good to see Alpine seeking compensate for the lack of driving days of their pilots.

What’s a pity that Alonso is not there. Because of his accident (?).

J-34 Before Bahreïn’s GP !

I dont understand why they are running an R.S. Car.. last years? Its just a testing livery... is any of this car part of the new Alpine..? is this just for promotional footage? I hope the new car/engine is ready this year because other teams will have moved forwards with their engine.. and without Renault engine customers.. we will never hear a 3rd party opinion on the engine.. we also dont have another reference point in testing.. its going to be sketchy...
I think it's to give Esteban some time behind the wheel and they'll be able to practice trackside procedures, pit stops etc.

Those look like 18" Rims ?

User avatar
diffuser
211
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

Looked at the upclose pictures and they're not. So I'm not sure why they did that test.


At any rate, they can run the old car as long as they like.

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory
19
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:52 am

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

diffuser wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:20 pm
Looked at the upclose pictures and they're not. So I'm not sure why they did that test.


At any rate, they can run the old car as long as they like.
Ocon had a whole season of driving, surely he doesnt need to practice procedures..??
Has to be promotional....
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Mateo
Mateo
1
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:15 am

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

According to an Alpine engineer, there won’t be a new P.U. this year for the “fran-glish team“. Just an evolution of last year’s one.
Also the 2022 P.U. will be freezed from the first race. That’s an FIA decision. Voted by all the teams.
The Viry-Châtillon factory is non officially working on a “split turbo“ for 2022. So Viry-Châtillon is working all the 2021 year for developing this motor and fiabilize it.

JPower
JPower
0
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 am

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:38 pm
diffuser wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:20 pm
Looked at the upclose pictures and they're not. So I'm not sure why they did that test.


At any rate, they can run the old car as long as they like.
Ocon had a whole season of driving, surely he doesnt need to practice procedures..??
Has to be promotional....
The more seat time the better in my opinion. The RS18 is still enough to keep Ocon sharp.

Ferrari did the same last month.

User avatar
adrianjordan
82
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am
Location: West Yorkshire, England

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:38 pm
diffuser wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:20 pm
Looked at the upclose pictures and they're not. So I'm not sure why they did that test.


At any rate, they can run the old car as long as they like.
Ocon had a whole season of driving, surely he doesnt need to practice procedures..??
Has to be promotional....
It's F1, every millisecond counts and it never hurts to practice more.

Won't be promotional as the car is in the winter testing livery.
Working on the front line in the NHS.

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory
19
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:52 am

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

adrianjordan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:09 am
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:38 pm
diffuser wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:20 pm
Looked at the upclose pictures and they're not. So I'm not sure why they did that test.


At any rate, they can run the old car as long as they like.
Ocon had a whole season of driving, surely he doesnt need to practice procedures..??
Has to be promotional....
It's F1, every millisecond counts and it never hurts to practice more.

Won't be promotional as the car is in the winter testing livery.
I wonder is the test in the rs18 was for alonso.. who could use the miles... but at the last minute he wasnt fit enough- so Ocon had first refusal.. and thought ‘yea i’ll take a bit of practice’..
i understand why youd want to give your academy guys a lot of practice., because if either driver tests positve they need somebody warmed up...

Shame they cant bring the new engine this year- but with such limited changes that was always a risk. Hopefully cooling and rear end changes to this years car.. but i feel as though the team are looking to ‘22 already...
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

User avatar
Morteza
2381
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

User avatar
diffuser
211
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

Mateo wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:53 pm
According to an Alpine engineer, there won’t be a new P.U. this year for the “fran-glish team“. Just an evolution of last year’s one.
Also the 2022 P.U. will be freezed from the first race. That’s an FIA decision. Voted by all the teams.
The Viry-Châtillon factory is non officially working on a “split turbo“ for 2022. So Viry-Châtillon is working all the 2021 year for developing this motor and fiabilize it.
They've been working on it for a while.

toraabe
toraabe
19
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:42 am

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Post

I just assume that some of the guys thst came back from Brixworth had enough knowledge about it...