Scuderia Ferrari SF90

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
GOAT

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

I remember that there was this ‘story’ about Ferrari hiding some ‘secrecy’ in their floor- and I believe it was in 2019, so it should be this car, but I can’t find any pictures or remarks about it.. #-o DOH!

Anyway, this was the Ferrari that was found legally illegal- but we never actually knew what they did, or am I mistaken?

After viewing this at youtube

Could it be that Ferrari had some sort of ‘massless battery’ integrated in their floor?

MtthsMlw

GOAT wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 21:47
I remember that there was this ‘story’ about Ferrari hiding some ‘secrecy’ in their floor- and I believe it was in 2019, so it should be this car, but I can’t find any pictures or remarks about it.. #-o DOH!

Anyway, this was the Ferrari that was found legally illegal- but we never actually knew what they did, or am I mistaken?

Could it be that Ferrari had some sort of ‘massless battery’ integrated in their floor?
You might be thinking about the SF70h from 2017. Back than it was suggested that this area contained piping or wiring as there were temperature measuring stickers spotted placed on it.

> Anyway, this was the Ferrari that was found legally illegal- but we never actually knew what they did, or am I mistaken?
Not officially but it's highly likely that it was some trick/system that circumvented the fuel flow limit

GOAT

MtthsMlw wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 22:17
GOAT wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 21:47

You might be thinking about the SF70h from 2017. Back than it was suggested that this area contained piping or wiring as there were temperature measuring stickers spotted placed on it.
https://cdn-5.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... detail.jpg

> Anyway, this was the Ferrari that was found legally illegal- but we never actually knew what they did, or am I mistaken?
Not officially but it's highly likely that it was some trick/system that circumvented the fuel flow limit
Ahhh, now I understand and also why I couldn’t find anything, 2017.. #-o (time really flies)

Thanks!