Aldo Costa steps down as Ferrari technical director

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jimi_Hendrix_1967
Jimi_Hendrix_1967

Re: Aldo Costa steps down as Ferrari technical director

Yeah good memory. I remember Todt being under fire too. The difference with Domenicali being that Todt somehow managed to lure Schumacher from under Mclaren and Williams noses despite the team not being half the force they were 15 years before. Then he lured Brawn who fixed the reliability issues. And then they got Byrne to cancel his retirement plans. Scooping Alonso was a good move by Domenicali but somehow made possible by the termination of Kimis contract, wich costed Ferrari 50 million dollars after renewing the Fins contract just 12 months earlier under...Domenicali. Another sign of lack of vision imo.

Anyway, I agree that whatever we want, its Montezemolo's call to make. Will find out in the future what that will be.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

The first driver at Ferrari is never paid by Ferrari himself, is always the main sponsor who paid the driver. The second driver is paid by Ferrari.

Schumacher was paid by Marlboro, not Ferrari, Alonso is paid by Santander and not Ferrari, it's why Ferrari paid a lot their " star driver ".

The 50 millions was paid by Santander, and not Ferrari.

xpensive
xpensive

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote: ...
The 50 millions was paid by Santander, and not Ferrari.
Which in turn most probably came from the EU, Germany in other words. :mrgreen:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Jimi_Hendrix_1967 wrote:Yeah good memory. I remember Todt being under fire too. The difference with Domenicali being that Todt somehow managed to lure Schumacher from under Mclaren and Williams noses despite the team not being half the force they were 15 years before. Then he lured Brawn who fixed the reliability issues. And then they got Byrne to cancel his retirement plans. Scooping Alonso was a good move by Domenicali but somehow made possible by the termination of Kimis contract, wich costed Ferrari 50 million dollars after renewing the Fins contract just 12 months earlier under...Domenicali. Another sign of lack of vision imo.

Anyway, I agree that whatever we want, its Montezemolo's call to make. Will find out in the future what that will be.
Todt actually offered his resignation after Magny Cours 96, but Montezemolo told him to stay on. His position then was not too dissimilar to Domenicalli's now. At that point he had lured a top driver in Schumacher (Alonso). He didn't bring Brawn in until the end of 96, and Byrne the beginning of 97.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

f1enigma Dimitris
The names going the rounds for potential Fer recruitment are Jon Tomlinson, Tim Densham, Peter Prodromou and Rob Marshal. Lets wait ...

HampusA

just hope it is someone who is not afraid to let it all out,
I'm expecting something radical, something innovative and spectacular.
and most importantly, something beautiful.
The truth will come out...

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

ScarbsF1 Craig Scarborough
Force India Aero designers heads to Ferrari, Nick Jefferies has joined Ferrari as an aero design consultant