European GP 2011 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Formula None

Re: Euorpean GP 2011 - Valencia

Where's the Euorpean GP? Where's Euorpe for that matter? New venue?

Just_a_fan

Andrew, if you're going to be the guy who starts each race thread, any chance you could use maps with turn numbers/names? The FIA publish them:
http://www.fia.com/public/f1-2011/images/valencia.jpg

The British GP one is already available by the way...

Cheers,
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

i70q7m7ghw

Agreed, the maps currently used are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I see nothing wrong at all with the lap graphics that I post. I see no need to change and prefer a smaller graphic which doesn't take up most of the page.

ESPImperium

Sector 1 goes to McLaren, Sector 2 to McLaren as well, sector 3 to Red Bull. Sectors 1 & 2 are all about traction which the RB7 isn't great at traction. The last sector is all about high speed stability and downforce, thats the RB7 strong point.

Id like to see a dry race for this one, we will see the long range forecasts in a few days time, and the actual forecast in about 10 days id guess.

i70q7m7ghw

andrew wrote:I see nothing wrong at all with the lap graphics that I post. I see no need to change and prefer a smaller graphic which doesn't take up most of the page.
Well as long as your happy :roll:

HampusA

I would prefer the one above or F1´s own actually.
The truth will come out...

HampusA

The truth will come out...

donskar

I'm looking forward to the wave of posts detailing why Mclaren will win -- we get it every race. Then RBR runs away and hides.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

andrew

If the F1Tech powers that be ask me to change the graphic I will, otherwise I see no reason to change.

The offered alternatives take up far too much space IMHO and would make the opening post too long, but I guess some folk are never happy unless they have something to complain about? :wink:
donskar wrote:I'm looking forward to the wave of posts detailing why Mclaren will win -- we get it every race. Then RBR runs away and hides.
I refuse to follow tradition! :lol:

Passing is pretty difficult here so I will predict Vettel sticking it on pole and leading start to finish. Should be good.

ajdavison2

We've already seen the 2011 regs make the usually processional monaco race exciting, I'm looking forward to it doing very much the same here

Just_a_fan

andrew wrote:If the F1Tech powers that be ask me to change the graphic I will, otherwise I see no reason to change.
So it has to be a mod eh? If forum members (for whom you presumably set up each race thread) ask for something different then that's not good enough?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

astracrazy

do we really need two DRS zones?

We saw at Canada, if the car gets the drive then they get passed easy. They then gain an advantage because they can get the drs again. This then prevents us seeing anything like what we saw at turkey - drives being able to fight back.

i just feel that they are long straights here so we should only need one, else the 2nd drs zone will be an even larger advantage than Canada.

andrew

Just_a_fan wrote:
andrew wrote:If the F1Tech powers that be ask me to change the graphic I will, otherwise I see no reason to change.
So it has to be a mod eh? If forum members (for whom you presumably set up each race thread) ask for something different then that's not good enough?
The opening post in the race threads is meant to be a quick bit of information on the race, not chapter and verse.

beelsebob

I agree – the more detailed map is much nicer. Another vote for andrew to put those ones up instead.