European GP 2011 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Euorpean GP 2011 - Valencia

astracrazy wrote:do we really need two DRS zones?

We saw at Canada, if the car gets the drive then they get passed easy. They then gain an advantage because they can get the drs again. This then prevents us seeing anything like what we saw at turkey - drives being able to fight back.

i just feel that they are long straights here so we should only need one, else the 2nd drs zone will be an even larger advantage than Canada.
The Canadian GP and the European GP are being used as a test by the FIA of 2 DRS zones. As the system is still pretty new there will be a bit of trial and error at each track.

However, I would agree that 2 zones could be excessive but it will depend where they are situated.

raymondu999

In tracks maybe such as Barcelona then 2 DRS zones would be good. But on a track like Gilles Villeneuve yesterday (or today, depending on what timezone you're in) I think 2 DRS zones was excessive. Heck even the first zone was excessive.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

beelsebob wrote:I agree – the more detailed map is much nicer. Another vote for andrew to put those ones up instead.
+1 We should always have maps with corner numbers, I've raised this before.

zeph
zeph

Andrew, could you please correct the 'Euorpean" typo in the thread title? It is bugging me.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Maybe we should have someone more competent create these race threads? :roll:

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Diesel wrote:
beelsebob wrote:I agree – the more detailed map is much nicer. Another vote for andrew to put those ones up instead.
+1 We should always have maps with corner numbers, I've raised this before.
Maps with numbers and posibly names for the more famous tracks would help, i dont cann turn 1 at Spa turn 1, its La Source. The second Chichane at Monza isnt the second chichane, its the Della Roggia chichane.

Just my thoughts.

andrew
andrew

zeph wrote:Andrew, could you please correct the 'Euorpean" typo in the thread title? It is bugging me.
Done, didn't realise. I was too busy with the bitching over the circuit graphic.
Diesel wrote:Maybe we should have someone more competent create these race threads? :roll:
If you want to insult someone, use a PM. Doing in the thread is just pathetic. But I'kll tel you what, how about in future I post every single bloody circuit graphic known to man and then to supplement it, I'll ride round on my bike with a video camera. Would that keep his Lordship happy? Seriously, if this is all you have to worry about in your life you're a lucky boy.

I have already told you that the opening post is just a quick bit of information on the race and nothing more. There is nothing to stop anyone from posting a more detailed circuit graphic if they wish.

Take about a fuss over nothing(!) :roll:

Formula None
Formula None

Re: European GP 2011 - Valencia

I'd prefer it if you actually sketched the maps by hand, you know, actually put some time into it.

andrew
andrew

Formula None wrote:I'd prefer it if you actually sketched the maps by hand, you know, actually put some time into it.
Charcoal or pencil?

Formula None
Formula None

Pen and ink.

andrew
andrew

Colour or just plain old black ink?

Formula None
Formula None

Sepia on parchment would be nice.

andrew
andrew

Scale?

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

andrew wrote:
zeph wrote:Andrew, could you please correct the 'Euorpean" typo in the thread title? It is bugging me.
Done, didn't realise. I was too busy with the bitching over the circuit graphic.
Diesel wrote:Maybe we should have someone more competent create these race threads? :roll:
If you want to insult someone, use a PM. Doing in the thread is just pathetic. But I'kll tel you what, how about in future I post every single bloody circuit graphic known to man and then to supplement it, I'll ride round on my bike with a video camera. Would that keep his Lordship happy? Seriously, if this is all you have to worry about in your life you're a lucky boy.

I have already told you that the opening post is just a quick bit of information on the race and nothing more. There is nothing to stop anyone from posting a more detailed circuit graphic if they wish.

Take about a fuss over nothing(!) :roll:
:lol: Calm down dear!

Formula None
Formula None

andrew wrote:Scale?
2 palms : 0.5 Scots mile