DTM 2012

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
HampusA

Re: DTM 2012

wesley123 wrote:is just the 2011 Mercedes DTM car with 2012 rear wing and bonnet?
well sort of, the model is the same but it´s now the newly released coupe instead.
BMW and Audi are doing the same thing with the M3 and RS5.

And obviously there are other changes, there are new regulations for 2012.
The truth will come out...

HampusA

2 more drivers announced for BMW,

Jorg Muller
Dirk Muller

Should be interesting to see the last two drivers.

raymondu999

Do we know the entire list of who is driving for who yet? I'm thinking Tomczyk should actually get a reprobation to the senior Audi team after his performances this year.

Reminded me of Nick Heidfeld actually. Remember how they fielded I think it was Kubica; then he suddenly gained some 6 or 8 tenths.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

HampusA

No nothing that i know of yet in terms of what drivers go to what team.

Heidfeld might actually be interesting as his career probably is over unless he fancies a backmarker team.

raymondu999

He's repeatedly been linked with BMW's DTM movement. And many people say that he is. He even says he's interested in DTM.
I would love to see Ekky and Scheider back on top in the sport though - my two favorite DTM drivers. Ekky more so nowadays; though I'm starting to get a little bit of a soft spot for Mortara.

Do we know who is going to which car though? I know Priaulx is driving for BMW DTM; no?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

HampusA

Sounds good, hopefully he will be competitive in a DTM car.

Ekky as in my fellow country men? Ekström? :)
I don´t know him personally but from the videos i´ve seen that guy is absolutely hilarious :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0U--9Px8Og[/youtube]
I tried to translate but it just doesn´t work out, anyway he´s just funny as hell :)

1:36
One line he says is like "...and then some pre-drifting, which we have seen on TV"

Very underrated driver that only has one flaw in his game. He refuses to drive open cockpits (like F1) for some reason.
In RoC i think he´s one of the most succesful drivers or atleast the upper part of the drivers beating guys like schumi etc :)

--

No idea, i don´t think BMW has released any info regarding what drivers go to what team. Priaulx is on the team together with Farfus. My guess is they will be in the AC Schnitzer team.

raymondu999

If you're Swedish; yes. I've been supporting Scheider and Ekky (Mattias Ekstrom) in the DTM since I can remember watching it.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

HampusA

Yup swedish here, ok cool. How has the racing been this years? It seems all i hear about it is crappy racing.

But since DTM is in for an overhaul together with BMW i plan on watching every race.

Morteza

2012 Audi A5 DTM :

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

matt21

raymondu999

The Merc doesn't look too different; the Audi does though I think it's mainly the A5 styling (which I love btw; I drive an A5 :mrgreen: )
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

wunderkind

I hope DTM will go back to the days of unlimited budget for 'accidents' on track. I miss the days when we saw the DTM drivers punting into one another and non stop fender-bending action. Pretty much like the V8 Supercar action from Australia.

HampusA

You mean the Golden Years ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-AxiVqihM[/youtube]

Probably the best touring car racing ever. Just wish i had been born a little earlier to see this or better yet, driving one of these machines :)

wunderkind

Those were the days...............golden days they were.

djos

wunderkind wrote:I hope DTM will go back to the days of unlimited budget for 'accidents' on track. I miss the days when we saw the DTM drivers punting into one another and non stop fender-bending action. Pretty much like the V8 Supercar action from Australia.
Unfortunately there isnt as much beating and banging (as the yanks would say) in V8SC as there used to be, yes it's very hard close racing (current DTM has too much aero to allow this) but you arent allowed to "move" a slower driver out of the way like you used to be able to without copping a penalty.

The only place to see real brute force racing now is at the NASCAR road course races which I rather look forward to twice a year and this year at Watkins Glen, Aussie Marcos Ambrose got his first sprint cup win after "moving" Brad K out of the way coming out of the bus stop! =D>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5dlMuqH65Q[/youtube]
"In downforce we trust"