How to improve race threads?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Jeffsvilleusa

Re: How to improve race threads?

Do we have to enforce such draconian measures? (Finally I get to write 'draconian measures' :) )

If you aren't interested, don't read it. I usually scan over the race threads after my internal 3 day alarm clock goes off because it tends to be posts endlessly over-analyzing overtaking maneuvers.

Come on guys. Why get upset? Just do what I do. Laugh it off. Just like this:

:lol: "ha ha ha"

Go on, try it.
Box! Box!

Steven
Owner

Actually, picking in on "if you are not interested, don't read it", I'd like to add to that: "if one is too biased to look at something from 2 ways, I'd disencourage posting".

More is undoubtedly allowed in general chat and the race threads, but the things we see there from time to time... ;)

Anyway, the chitchat is also why we have an IRC chat to discuss the racing while it's going on. :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/pr/chat.php

Belatti

Jeffsvilleusa wrote: If you aren't interested, don't read it.
Hey, it worked for me! :)

I can read a 2 or 3 page thread, usually every opinion there counts. When that turns into a 76 page threads with 95% ying yang, then there is no point in searching pearls in the ocean. You just have to search pearls in the pearls store :?

Sorry, but I started reading and discussing race threads in a 50 member "south american" forum (and spanish). Now I "use" F1Technical for technical stuff and this little forum to comment with other people. A good analogy could be described as living in a big city or in a litte town. I like working in the city and living in a town.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

donskar

Jeffsvilleusa wrote:Do we have to enforce such draconian measures? (Finally I get to write 'draconian measures' :) )

If you aren't interested, don't read it. I usually scan over the race threads after my internal 3 day alarm clock goes off because it tends to be posts endlessly over-analyzing overtaking maneuvers.

Come on guys. Why get upset? Just do what I do. Laugh it off. Just like this:

:lol: "ha ha ha"

Go on, try it.
Wasn't it draconian measures that killed off all the dracons?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

donskar wrote:Wasn't it draconian measures that killed off all the dracons?
And that in turn was killed of by the metric system!

Ba-da-boom-tish!Image

Pup
Pup

:?