MIKEY_! My F1 car 2011

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
MIKEY_!

Re: MIKEY_! My F1 car 2011

still much narrower than others as it extends to the head rest.

matt21

To be honest, IMO it will look like this

MIKEY_!

not if it is placed further back where the head rest is lower

BTW big updates on the way for Spa.

matt21

I don´t want to destroy your idea, I´m just thinking.

If you extend the inlet all the way down behind the headrest, in my opinion a part of the inlet will be "blocked" by the driver´s head. But maybe we wait until you got your model ready.

BTW, does anybody think, an airbox likes this would make sense today?

Also would it be of any use to think about such cooling inlets?
And how could they incorporated?

marcush.
marcush.

Mikey ..funny I thought about a similar idea with the airbox.

Why not start the air box further back ?

The blade has a mandatory thickness and length .Starting the airbox behind thew trailing edge of the blade would enable you to shadow the "visible"opening of the air inlet a bit like the KERS cooling openings of MCL and Mercedes but of corse much more severe and dramatic..In front view only two very narrow slits would be visible .Got the idea?

Cutting into the blade structure is of course not possible for structural reasons .you need the crosssection to sreate the structure cutting a hole in front and rear will render the whole concept obolete as you end up with thew same design we see on all cars.

MIKEY_!

Good idea marcush can you tell me how far behind the drivers head the roll structure can be?

Just to show you how i intend to get the airbox/roll structure lower, im guessing it legal. Only problem that quality of air reaching the inlet close to the headrest will be poor.

MIKEY_!

Another idea for next year (or maybe this year). To get the front wing to flex by a method other than the flexy nose or struts that i have now. The cascade connects to the regulated centre section (grey) and the main section and flap are separate from this. They connect only to the endplate. They could disconnect/attach at opposite ends if that would work better.

PS is it permitted to have holes beneath the rear wing in the endplate.

MIKEY_!

Updates for Spa...
I've switched to an EBD now as that seems to be the most efficient. To balance that extra DF there is a new front wing extending the flaps over the endplate more and curving down into the footplate. These increase airflow under the wing and therefore DF.
Theres a new splitter. Its quite chunky as radiator air exits from hole in the side of it and flows under the floor.
I've added fins to the RW endplates to lower drag behind the wheels.
The Spa spec wing is low AoA but starts the first plane at the normal point, finishing much lower and being more efficient as a result. Also got a minimum sized flap and slot in the centre. Didn't see much point in having endplate slots cause of such low AoA. You can just see the double beam wing with the slit in its support. This slit feeds a slot beneath the wing to increase downforce. You can also see the big scoops on top of the rear floor. They reduce drag on the rear wheels and also send more air over the diffuser and feed the brake ducts. Am worried that they are too big for the rules however.
My personal diffuser innovation is the inward blowing exhausts. The gasses are aimed inward so they blow across not one vertical section but two on each side giving an extra vortex per side and more DF.
The slots in the body above the gearbox feed the diff and gearbox rads around the 'box and exit through the starter motor hole.
The nose (see earlier posts) has a roughly wing shaped cross section near the tip which should give some DF in really tight corners.
Bargeboards now fit tighter to the undercut since there is no exhaust parts and turning vanes behind it and should improve top speed.
Front wing supports flex, having a similar effect to RBR's flexy nose. As far as I know they aren't tested and therefore the flex could be very major. There is a slot like Mclarens as well that only starts to move at very high speed.
Also thinking about a flexible rear floor. If the outer edges could flex down and help seal the floor (like what Renault did with FEE) it should boost DF and speed. Don't know of any tests on this part of the floor.

MIKEY_!

Changes for Monza are few and there are no pics but there are 3 RW to choose from: the first RW is basically the same just having AoA reduced and the slot removed. #2 uses a long chord DRS flap (same chord as the shortened main flap) which will still open to present minimum drag. #3 uses 2 short(ish) chord planes at a higher AoA than the others. Not entirely sure which would perform best.

FW changes are the blending of the second and third elements to form one element (3 total elements now) and the lowering in AoA of the long chord inner sections.

Only other changes are the removal of the double beam wing to reduce surface drag and the shortening of the bargeboards that connect to the sidepod. for the same reason. They now fit around the sidepod edge only and do not extend to the floor.

Alonso Fan

i love the car, its awesome!

i don't think that it complies with the regs in the fact that it doesn't have any wheels or suspension :D
its great, and i love the regular updates and the nose looks beautiful, a bit like Alonso's ferrari F10.

i'm making one of my own, but its still in the process...

i use cereal box card and PVA glue for mine. its light weight and strong, and you don't have to make it thick like clay.

i'm making the ferrari f138

[img]C:\Users\mj\Pictures\From%20SAMSUNG%20OMNIA7\Ferrari%20F138%20model%20-%20Copy[/img]
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Alonso Fan

sorry it didn't work, ill try to add the pic again
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Alonso Fan

lets see it it works this time

this is meant to be the front wing, but if it doesn't appear, then something is wrong...

SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Alonso Fan

i might make a new topic once i sort out why my computer doesn't add pictures
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter