Red Bull RB8 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme
404
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

Red Bull changed the RB8's engine mapping during the Brazilian GP to try and keep the exhaust as cool as possible to try and prevent the exhaust pipe from breaking and catching the car on fire.

Image
Via AutoSport

dan
dan
0
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

Nando wrote:I´d agree with that, basically at Valencia they got 99% of the puzzle done.
DDRS was the final piece to make it a very competitive package, on all types of circuits.
yea once they had sorted the tunnel / exhaust etc and probly figured out the tires i think the DDRS allowed them to get to the front in quali
and from there vettel could do his 2011 usual and check out

Huntresa
Huntresa
54
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:33 am

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

Nando wrote:I´d agree with that, basically at Valencia they got 99% of the puzzle done.
DDRS was the final piece to make it a very competitive package, on all types of circuits.
But didnt they bring updates for the exhaust and tunnel in singapore where they also brought the DDRS? Such as the tunnel not being 2 channels anymore.

CHT
CHT
-3
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:24 am

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

Just curious is it possible to actually run to different fuel mix and valve setting for left and right side of the V8 cylinders

Nando
Nando
2
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:30 am

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

Huntresa wrote: But didnt they bring updates for the exhaust and tunnel in singapore where they also brought the DDRS? Such as the tunnel not being 2 channels anymore.
Hmm i thought the merged tunnel came in Abu Dhabi?
Exhaust? What changes are you thinking about?
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Nando
Nando
2
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:30 am

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

Found the two versions of it before they removed the tunnel wall,

Image

So they merged the tunnels in India but kept the wall so it was still two channels only that they sat next to each other.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme
404
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

Gary Anderson's Analysis of RB's latest FW iteration

Image
Via AutoSport

timbo
timbo
108
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:14 am

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Gary Anderson's Analysis of RB's latest FW iteration
I just LOVE the final passage.
Typical Anderson's style!

User avatar
raymondu999
54
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

It is a bit of an oxymoron :lol:

"This is what it does. But the data doesn't prove that, so I could be wrong."
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

User avatar
siskue2005
70
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

CHT wrote:Just curious is it possible to actually run to different fuel mix and valve setting for left and right side of the V8 cylinders
I think that is illegal

User avatar
siskue2005
70
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

raymondu999 wrote:It is a bit of an oxymoron :lol:
indeed it is, how many times have we seen people go faster even while missing some important bits from their cars :lol:

User avatar
raymondu999
54
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

The most "wtf of which was Barcelona 2010. No one was matching the Red Bulls in early race pace. Felipe knocked his front right endplate and had his cascade then angled downwards rather than horizontal. Felipe then started matching the Red Bull laptimes :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ell66
ell66
2
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

raymondu999 wrote:The most "wtf of which was Barcelona 2010. No one was matching the Red Bulls in early race pace. Felipe knocked his front right endplate and had his cascade then angled downwards rather than horizontal. Felipe then started matching the Red Bull laptimes :lol:
No he did'nt not even close, he just started setting personal bests lol....

AlpineF1
AlpineF1
0
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

Amazing how the championship stood on a knife edge for the whole race. :wtf:
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

Nando
Nando
2
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:30 am

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Post

ell66 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:The most "wtf of which was Barcelona 2010. No one was matching the Red Bulls in early race pace. Felipe knocked his front right endplate and had his cascade then angled downwards rather than horizontal. Felipe then started matching the Red Bull laptimes :lol:
No he did'nt not even close, he just started setting personal bests lol....
Remember that haha, Rob Smedley (straight from Snatch or lock stock & two smoking barrells) is awesome :)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."