Red Bull RB8 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
amouzouris

Re: Red Bull RB8-Renault

Crucial_Xtreme wrote: Image
i think they raised the lower rear suspension arms up making more room for air to get to the diffuser...

raymondu999

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Image
I don't remember that chimney being there last year
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

McG

Number 2 on the car but with Vettels name on it?
F1 is dead.

kris
kris

amouzouris wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
i think they raised the lower rear suspension arms up making more room for air to get to the diffuser...
I remember that last year Mercedes initally suffered from tyre degradation due to their specific exhuast layout (Blowing near the innner end of the tyres)...Is that the reason the exhaust has been directed away from the tyres?

Ferraripilot

Red Bull's entire design paradigm had to change for this car, but the thing is they didn't change much did they? They can no longer run massive rake with a soft front end and this car will just plain be a very different car to what Red Bull is used to and they do not know this setup as well.

I'll be the first to say this, but I do not see this car being a WCC car.

Tamburello
Tamburello

One is a rendering the other is the physical car...

McG

Ferraripilot wrote:Red Bull's entire design paradigm had to change for this car, but the thing is they didn't change much did they? They can no longer run massive rake with a soft front end and this car will just plain be a very different car to what Red Bull is used to and they do not know this setup as well.

I'll be the first to say this, but I do not see this car being a WCC car.
I agree. I also think the other top teams think this and are more confident this year. But we just never know.
F1 is dead.

raymondu999

McG wrote:Number 2 on the car but with Vettels name on it?
They've shown bits and pieces of the number 1 and number 2 cars, so I don't think that's strictly true
Ferraripilot wrote:Red Bull's entire design paradigm had to change for this car, but the thing is they didn't change much did they? They can no longer run massive rake with a soft front end and this car will just plain be a very different car to what Red Bull is used to and they do not know this setup as well.
You could tell all that by looking at static pictures, ignoring the fact that this might not even be their maximum rake angle?

People said similar things of the RB6 and 7 - how they were very conservative designs which had no innovation. Look where it got Newey though.
Last edited by raymondu999 on 06 Feb 2012, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Tamburello
Tamburello

I'm not sure if your premise is entirely correct. The RB5 was the best car without a DDD or EBD in its class, so they definitely do know something about setups like this.

myurr
myurr

McG wrote:Number 2 on the car but with Vettels name on it?
This year the team have decided to allocate both cars to Vettel, and if he's a really really good boy they'll occasionally let Mark play with one of them.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

It's the render but a better shot of the exhaust.

image via TruZoneF1

@Raymmondu correct they weren't there on the RB7 :)
Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme on 06 Feb 2012, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

shamikaze
shamikaze

Hightend contrast and indicated rough-and-dirty the exhaust flow path

CHT
CHT

What is this air inlet for?

dren

Is the wheelbase shorter? It looks like the rear isn't pushed as far back.
Honda!

McG

I put it to you that it should be called the "Letterbox".
F1 is dead.