RicME Motorsport - RME-001

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
jordangp

Re: RicME Motorsport - RME-001

I think the way it was in the previous render would have been better, more cooling and less drag.

With intakes like that, I'm sure that come Silverstone when they bump up the realism, you are likely to get cooling-related retirements with your current design.

RicME85

I was thinking of widening the intake, after posting that render I thought to myself that the intake looks a bit small, especially compared to the sidepod bulge.

N12ck

I would reccomend keeping the Inovo style side pods , as andy has said
Budding F1 Engineer

RicME85

For now I will continue as is, getting the basics sorted and getting a shape to the whole car, I might go back and see if the Innovo can be worked in.

Current progress: Old front wing currently being used as a placeholder until I get the rest of the car right then I will design a bespoke wing for this car. IMO this is starting to really take shape and look like a massive improvement on previous versions.

wesley123
wesley123

jordangp wrote:I think the way it was in the previous render would have been better, more cooling and less drag.

With intakes like that, I'm sure that come Silverstone when they bump up the realism, you are likely to get cooling-related retirements with your current design.
If they bump up the realism I hope they do something about the teams designing 7 different, brand new tubs in 7 races.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

RicME85

That would be good, have some homologation rules meaning you really need to put the work in to produce a decent chassis before the season starts and then only bring minor tweaks to races, like wings, engine covers and fins.

MemroableC
MemroableC

how about a new tub cant be raced for a race or two after its submitted to simulate the time it takes to crash test.

wesley123
wesley123

MemroableC wrote:how about a new tub cant be raced for a race or two after its submitted to simulate the time it takes to crash test.
Yeah then we have 7 completely new tubs in 14 races, hardly 'realistic' at all either

MemroableC
MemroableC

wesley123 wrote:
MemroableC wrote:how about a new tub cant be raced for a race or two after its submitted to simulate the time it takes to crash test.
Yeah then we have 7 completely new tubs in 14 races, hardly 'realistic' at all either
time frame is flexible, ideally you would have a RRA of sorts where x thing cost x money, and you can only spend x amount of money in a season

CottrellGP
CottrellGP

Ive raced the same tub all season, with slight under body revisions
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

wesley123
wesley123

CottrellGP wrote:Ive raced the same tub all season, with slight under body revisions
So did I, havent changed the tub at all. But some guys have already ran 7 completely different tubs or even completely different cars in 7 races

Monster_Energy_F1

I've had 2 tubs this season. No more neccesary.

N12ck

wesley123 wrote:
CottrellGP wrote:Ive raced the same tub all season, with slight under body revisions
So did I, havent changed the tub at all. But some guys have already ran 7 completely different tubs or even completely different cars in 7 races
If they want to entice people into it, realism needs worked on, like minimum intake area must be specified, maximum of 3 tubs in a season, minimum outlet area, and to police the tubs, the simple thing to do would be for you guys to produce a tub at the beginning of the season for your car, and send them your tub to overlay on your car and police it, that would help those aspects, the other aspects which I think needs worked on is definitely CFD and judging, also keeping those who create the cars should keep out of the actual organisation of the competition/ helping out the people who run it.

If all of them things were done, it would make the game/ competition thing a fairer, more in depth competition.

Nick
Budding F1 Engineer

jordangp

Don't worry guys I'll speak to Ben, and I'm sure something will be done in the next 2013 regulation revision before the final copy

N12ck

jordangp wrote:Don't worry guys I'll speak to Ben, and I'm sure something will be done in the next 2013 regulation revision before the final copy
I mean if all of them things were done I wouldn't have left, it's a shame because the idea has potential, its just it's not being done properly at the moment,
Budding F1 Engineer