N12ck's F1 Model

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
machin

Re: N12ck's F1 Model

N12ck wrote:You all know what was on the update, and The sidepods, how do I get them soo small, well, I will reveal all at the first race :D
Question; are you guys "given" certain parameters by the rule makers which you have to incorporate into your cars? E.g. a radiator frontal area, intake areas, etc? How do the rule makers assess structural items such as suspension arms etc?
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

N12ck

machin wrote:
N12ck wrote:You all know what was on the update, and The sidepods, how do I get them soo small, well, I will reveal all at the first race :D
Question; are you guys "given" certain parameters by the rule makers which you have to incorporate into your cars? E.g. a radiator frontal area, intake areas, etc? How do the rule makers assess structural items such as suspension arms etc?
My car is completely legal to f1 regulations and no we aren't,I created this car which was the primary thing and then I got asked to enter, so I thought may aswell enter it, If you see my sidepods they aren't that much narrower than the redbull's, I took measurements of pictures I have seen of f1 cars and worked it out from their, Like my suspension is very acute, however I built this car as an aerodynamic model rather than a mechanical model, the suspension is at a sharp angle due to aerodynamic reasons,
Budding F1 Engineer

N12ck

Image of my car in the Australian GP, image edited by myself :D

came 8th and 9th :D
Budding F1 Engineer

MIKEY_!

Nicely done!

N12ck

Australian Gp spec car :
Changed to torro rosso sidepods to work better with my exhaust, simplified turning vanes due to massive undercut, reverted to old bargeboards with the extra step to allow more airflow under the sidepods :D

next upgrades will have new wheels, new suspension, new rear wing, and a new front wing along with a few extras :D

Budding F1 Engineer

ScottB

Very nice!

I'm curious, does the game just simulate aero, or is it doing mechanical stuff as well, for example if the suspension is the wrong angle it'll just snap?

Aussie

Someone should direct some f1 teams to this site, the likes of Adrian Newey and Ross Brawn may be very interested in your ideas and how you have skirted the rules :D

N12ck

Aussie wrote:Someone should direct some f1 teams to this site, the likes of Adrian Newey and Ross Brawn may be very interested in your ideas and how you have skirted the rules :D
Thankyou very much, this is nothing in comparison to my next update, :lol: Compliments like this really do mean alot :D
Budding F1 Engineer

N12ck

Malaysian GP update

On the update:
DRS F-duct , activates itself pretty much as the merc system does, not much explaining needed.
RBR style sidepods, using coanda effect to blow the diffuser.
Updated Splitter (smoother) cleaner air to the undercut on the sidepods.
Monkey seat (ala williams) idea being it flexes downwards down the straights cutting the drag it produces whilst creating downforce round the medium speed corners (as suggested in the Williams car forum)
New DRS actuator
New exhaust (goes with the sidepods)
New wheels (these ones werent as rushed) still a rush but not as much of one.
Updated front suspension, not as much of an acute angle to keep stability more.

More images to follow, please comment
Budding F1 Engineer

N12ck

Apologies for the lack of updates,I have been racing karts, doing A level work and I have put most of my efforts on a new project at the moment, keep an eye out to see what it is, 8)

My results from karting:
1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 11th, I took the lap record, overall finished 5th in championship and became northwest champions

for now, enjoy a side pic from the malaysian gp update

Budding F1 Engineer

MIKEY_!

What's changed?

N12ck

MIKEY_! wrote:What's changed?
Its just another picture from my previous update, so no updates yet due to several reasons, keep an eye out for my next creation :D
Budding F1 Engineer

N12ck

No updates for China/ Bahrain, however huge update for Spain, you will notice a massive difference :D
Budding F1 Engineer

jordangp

N12ck wrote:No updates for China/ Bahrain, however huge update for Spain, you will notice a massive difference :D
No updates for Turkey either then?

N12ck

jordangp wrote:
N12ck wrote:No updates for China/ Bahrain, however huge update for Spain, you will notice a massive difference :D
No updates for Turkey either then?
Yep updates for turkey, should put me up back into some serious points :) Its a 2 stage update, I have now discovered the weak areas in my car, so I am changing all the weak areas :)
Budding F1 Engineer