Red Bull Racing 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
beelsebob

Re: Red Bull Racing 2012

Nando wrote:Car looks mighty now. But he was a bit lucky in the start where he was the only guy on the grid not having to worry about another driver.
I think you're probably rather premature to jump on the car looking mighty – the car has always looked good in high temps, and slow speed.

Nando

beelsebob wrote:
Nando wrote:Car looks mighty now. But he was a bit lucky in the start where he was the only guy on the grid not having to worry about another driver.
I think you're probably rather premature to jump on the car looking mighty – the car has always looked good in high temps, and slow speed.
Having taken 4 poles out of the 5 last races i´d say they have solved their issues on qualifying pace.
race pace was never really an issue.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Crucial_Xtreme

beelsebob wrote:
The RB8 did look mighty in Valencia. But as you say, I think it's a little premature to say they're going to stay there or continue said superior pace. They were mighty in Bahrain too, and kind of faded away just a bit. I think Silverstone with it's much cooler weather & completely different track characteristics will give us a better idea exactly where RB stand. The next few races really.
It is a little worrying in the last two Quali sessions RB pulls out a good gap out of nowhere in Quali. Hard to put it down to just the updates too because of Canada. I think the hotter weather definitely helps them but we'll know more in just under 2 weeks.

Nando

I still think Mclaren will take pole but i think will be much closer then we think.

Crucial_Xtreme

At :37 & :53 you can hear the off throttle of the RB8. I'm aware it's legal to a certain extent, but RB have always done it better than anyone else. Plus who's to say they haven't found something the rest don't know about yet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmKcTmZJVrA[/youtube]
thanks Carlos for the video

GrizzleBoy

I definately noticed it during the friday and saturday coverage. Check 1:15 as Seb approaches the last corner during Q3 run.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4LDc-fwlAI[/youtube]

I'm actually pretty sure you can also hear a lighter (sounding) version of it in Alonso's Ferrari at 2:25 in your video.

Nando

Vettel said they found grip "everywhere" with the new package which should explain his takeoff in Valencia.
I think they might be quite strong in Silverstone as well.

Mandrake

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Special paint theme?

aral

Mandrake wrote:Special paint theme?
I think that is the "wings for life" photo montage.

gandharva

Mandrake wrote:Special paint theme?
Faces for charity.

https://www.facesforcharity.com

Mandrake

Ahhhh yes, I remember it being talked about a while ago. Just forgot it was meant to take place in Silverstone. Thanks!

siskue2005

Forza wrote:
15 pounds and i dont know where they put my photo :(

PhillipM

siskue2005 wrote: 15 pounds and i dont know where they put my photo :(
I can help!

...it's on the car.

siskue2005

PhillipM wrote:
I can help!

...it's on the car.
:lol:

pocketmoon

I just found me :P

Worth looking here - only took me 30 minutes. I think the photo's a repeated to cover the car ?

http://www.formule1.nl/media-library/im ... itvoering/