F1Technical updated. What's new?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

Re: F1Technical updated. What's new?

horse wrote:Is there any chance that the negative rating option can be taken away? It's troll paradise.

Otherwise, it's very shiny.
As you can read in the FAQ, downvoting will only be possible for people with a reasonably high reputation.
We will alter the downvoting limitations after evaluating how people use the voting functionality.

Also, when we find some specific members abusing the system, we have the possibility to disable voting for each member seperately.

I wouldn't worry about it too much right now ;)

zoro_f1

the new looks are always very interesting to discuss. this is much better look because the last one was too white. now it's night in all countries in europe and when the background is white than my eyes goes blind when i want to go somewhere.

my advice is to have an options for the look, something like default, dark or some other look.

anyway this is much better look. great work tomba. =D>

btw, is this normal or still is in testing phase?

Last edited by zoro_f1 on 17 May 2012, 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

strad

All members with reputation higher or equal to 1 can upvote other posts
If everybody, and everybody I've seen is a zero,,How can we vote? I'm confused
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

bhall

Either I've suddenly gone full-retard; F1Technical has discovered time travel; or there's a bug in the system somewhere.

I can't make heads or tails of how posts are ordered.

Owen.C93

Great job.

Now gimme dem reps.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

mith

It certainly is quicker! Well done :)

mith

What's that little sun symbol below my nickname and 0 number just next to it?

stefan_

The website & forum look great. Good work.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

mx_tifoso

ESP's post is always the most "recent". :lol:

And before any more questions are asked, please read all of Tomba's posts in this thread. I'm sure they will cover most basic questions, like the one about the "sun" symbol with a 0 next to it (which is your reputation based on the voting system).

bhallg2k wrote:Either I've suddenly gone full-retard; F1Technical has discovered time travel; or there's a bug in the system somewhere.

Methinks a mix of all three, perhaps? (I hope you get the references lol)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Pup
Pup

bhallg2k wrote:Either I've suddenly gone full-retard; F1Technical has discovered time travel; or there's a bug in the system somewhere.

Somehow some of the posts have been given incorrect time stamps. :?:

Steven
Owner

zoro_f1 wrote:the new looks are always very interesting to discuss. this is much better look because the last one was too white. now it's night in all countries in europe and when the background is white than my eyes goes blind when i want to go somewhere.

my advice is to have an options for the look, something like default, dark or some other look.

anyway this is much better look. great work tomba. =D>

btw, is this normal or still is in testing phase?

Only people with rep > 0 can vote on others, so nobody right now. I'll get it started this weekend.
Please read the FAQ for more info on the reputation system: faq.php#f8r3

Steven
Owner

Please not that the mail system is currently not working correctly. It's the result of moving servers while retaining the same mailserver, so some authentication issue that the hosting companies need to resolve.

You will not get notifications for PM's in the meantime, and a newsletter cannot be sent either. Sorry.

raceman

Nice new look! Great job as always, Tomba! And all others who contributed!!! =D>

Posts need some more borders within them as they are not well differentiated from each other. Maybe something can be done? eh.....

MuseF1

Great work!

The only problem i find is its hard to differentiate the end of one person's post and the start of another

bhall

mx_tifoso wrote:

Methinks a mix of all three, perhaps? (I hope you get the references lol)
I'm perfectly all right with that just so long as the onus of the blame doesn't fall disproportionately on me having gone full-retard.

OK, let's see where this post will end up.

EDIT: Still ahead of others who came before me. (And, I imagine, after, too. But, that's really neither here nor there. Somewhere.)