2012 British GP - Silverstone Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
HVS5b

Re: 2012 British Grand Prix - Silverstone Circuit

Weather is going to play such a crucial role here at Silverstone. Bring on the traditional "summer" mixed-
bag I say :lol:

Just_a_fan

The weather here (10 miles from Silverstone) at the moment is a very mixed bag. Take any forecast with a big pinch of salt. Lots of very localised rain showers (some very heavy) at the moment. If we get these over the race weekend then it could be a total lottery as to who does well in quali and the race...

Of course, we're all hoping for some settled weather as we'd like a summer, but the last couple of months have not been at all settled.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

foxmulder_ms

raymondu999 wrote:Crucial - I don't think anyone is "overlooking" the F2012. It's just that at this point, the F2012 and the RB8, in their current, latest iteration, is too much of an unknown, especially in high speed corners.

Silverstone should be a great race. Considering the characteristics of the Pirellis, the quicker cars could burn the tyres quicker; as the downforce you need for a quick lap around Silverstone will also burn your tyres quicker

I will be the bad guy :p I am overlooking Ferrari in qualifying :)

Crucial_Xtreme

foxmulder_ms wrote:

I will be the bad guy :p I am overlooking Ferrari in qualifying :)
Bookmarked.. :D

raymondu999

So... does anyone else think the default strategy for the frontrunners will be OOPP? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

I'm thinking inter-option-option-inter! :mrgreen:

beelsebob

Mr Alcatraz wrote:I'm thinking inter-option-option-inter! :mrgreen:
The way weather here has been for the past week or so, I'd say full wet SC -> full wet SC -> full wet SC -> full wet SC.

That said, the forecast for next weekend says no wet tyres will be needed at all. Of course, this is britain, and a 10 day forecast, so it almost certainly will change.

raymondu999

I'll look on Saturday morning for the afternoon forecast, then on Sunday morning for the same. :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gridlock

Edit - posted the wrong weather forecast. D'oh.

BBC is saying average temps and low rainfall predictions. But who knows, it might snow.

Nando

If it starts to rain keep an eye out for Hamilton no matter where he starts.

Absolutely sensational opening laps from him in Silverstone last year. After 2 laps or so he was fighting for the lead despite starting 10th

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gurYtKX3 ... re=related[/youtube]
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Mr Alcatraz

F W I W I see the long range forecast has upped the chance for rain all three days of the race weekend. :o =D>

schumifan

No doubt I will be shooting myself on the foot, but I can see a strong Mercedes and a strong Schumacher - a typical fan boy comment, but I feel confident about this - here's hoping!

FrukostScones

Will the "spanish plume" head for Silverstone, or will Alonso shine in the dry without its support. I'd personally prefer a dry race because I want to see what the Red Bull tunnels are really worth (I think(or hope) it was only the high temperatures that helped Red Bull in Valencia).

Overall a increasing rain/shower tendency on my weatherforecast.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Crucial_Xtreme

Emlyn Hughes weather forecast is saying similar weather pattern for Fri, Sat & Sun. Starting dry with heavy rain coming in around lunchtime.

Edit: There is talk that Mercedes reported Red Bull engine setup after the Valencia race, so we may see some drama on that front in Silverstone.

ajdavison2

Is anyone actually going? I am and would like to meet any of you for a few cans, and some crack on :) Also from anyones experience what does the general admission ticket grant you'? Does it allow for the pit lane walks? or just admission into the stands?