2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
xzolien

Re: 2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

12th for Glock.. looks like 10th place for Marussia this year :)

Traction

amouzouris wrote:
Traction wrote:Yes yes yes...well done Seb..good to see the finger again! :lol: now that's what I'm talking about! Well controlled race.

Glad to see Hamilton bomb out.

Well done Button...good to see him up there.

Alonso tried but the Ferrari just no where today.

Eddie Jordan is 60 in the shade and wearing skinnies, painfull.
excuse me? no where?? he was 3rd on the podium..didnt you see him?
he was pretty much matching the leaders and eroded 0.2-0.3 seconds per lap in the last 5 laps from button...
if he was no where he wouldnt be 3rd...

That Ferrari was only third because of Alonso and a couple of retirements.
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

Lorenzo_Bandini

turbof1 wrote:
amouzouris wrote:
Traction wrote:Yes yes yes...well done Seb..good to see the finger again! :lol: now that's what I'm talking about! Well controlled race.

excuse me? no where?? he was 3rd on the podium..didnt you see him?
he was pretty much matching the leaders and eroded 0.2-0.3 seconds per lap in the last 5 laps from button...
if he was no where he wouldnt be 3rd...
He had undeniably help from both Williams and McLaren to deliver yet again astoundingly reliable cars.

Alonso was one second faster than RBR and Mclaren at the end on the second stint. In fact, like at Monaco, if he stay longer, he would have overtake Maldonado and not be blocked by him.

He was clearly the fastest man of the race at this moment, before the first SC. The Ferrari was rubbish on the super soft, but a real beast on the soft.
Last edited by Lorenzo_Bandini on 23 Sep 2012, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.

zeph

So no investigation on Vettel's brake move on Button?

ell66

gotta love the fan boys.

Dragonfly

Schumacher: "First of all, after the Safety Car, I braked a bit earlier than I would normally do, but the car wouldn't decelerate, so I need to investigate why that is the case. I just went straight in the brakes very hard, locked up everything... the accident wasn't avoidable anymore. I feel sorry for Jean-Éric, and for the guys and for the team, but we need to find out what happened."
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

Jackuar

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:
Alonso was one second faster than RBR and Mclaren at the end on the second stint. In fact, like at Monaco, if he stay longer, he would have overtake Maldonado and not be blocked by him.

He was clearly the fastest man of the race at this moment, before the first SC. The Ferrari was rubbish on the super soft, but a real beast on the soft.
Gotta agree on being fast on softs; but clearly that would have taken him no more beyond Maldonado (A 4th at max) if not for the retirements; Had not Lewis lost, probably he would have set something in the 1.51s - or even a 1.50ish lap - in his second stint and towards the end - and that would have made Ferrari's times again a second down. That Macca was damn fast but a shame on the reliability front.
Finishing second is being the first one of losers....

zyphro

zeph wrote:So no investigation on Vettel's brake move on Button?
Why? Race leader dictates pace behind SC.

ankitshah

To me it seems like Ferrari optimised their car for the 2nd stint medium fuel load on soft tyre. Whereas McLaren and RBR seemed to be setup towards low fuel super soft config. Hence they were much better that Ferrari in the 1st stint on SS and the post SC period on low fuel. Ferrari on the other hand had a better degradation profile throughout the 1st and 2nd stint. They were always the faster car at end of stints

Bomber_Pilot

Vettel and Button are having a chat with the stewards

Lorenzo_Bandini

Great race by Glock.

i70q7m7ghw

zyphro wrote:
Not quite. The SC dictates the pace and you must maintain 10 car lengths. When the SC goes in the leader then controls the field, but he must not do so in a dangerous manner. This includes dummy starts, the telemetry will show this.

It's a race incident if you ask me, Vettel did it to Webber a few years back but actually made contact and took them both out of the race.

myurr

zyphro wrote:
Because when the inherit pace control from the SC they are not allowed to make any sudden moves, such as slamming on the brakes and then flooring it.

NathanOlder

still 6 races to go, and who can see anyone other than Mclaren being front runners at all 6 of the next tracks ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC