AlpineF1's 3D F1 car

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

Re: AlpineF1's 3D F1 car

Thanks just got the exporter, any opinions on the car :)
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

RicME85

its coming along.
have you used a car from the google warehouse as a base? it just looks a little familiar.

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

Yes i kinda built around the tub as i tried to make one but it was impossible i dont know how you guys do it :lol:
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

RicME85

do you use msn? if so send me a pm with your address.

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

No, cant you PM me on here i could PM you my email address?
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

RicME85

i was going to show you a few bits and pieces if you did use msn.
fire me a pm with your email address and I'll send some stuff your way too look at

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

Sure, thanks mate :D
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

Ok i have just entered KVRC i know i said i wouldnt for a while but it means that i can get started on properly developing the tub and sidepods. And also get some experience before it all starts so nobody has an advantage over me, hence me seeing change and change corresponding to points :)
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

Hi people
There may not be any updates for a bit as most of the work on the car is either inside it or hardly noticable at all. I would expect no normal updates for a few days the car nearly meets the regs i think just need to add exhaust, engine,gearbox and check my sidepods fit in the boxes :D
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

Hello everybody
My car is ready just needs exhausts then its ready to rumble :D
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

My car i think at least matches all regulations this is a photo of the supplied guidelines for chassis building mine fits in pretty well, judge for yourselves :D
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

N12ck

AlpineF1 wrote:Image
My car i think at least matches all regulations this is a photo of the supplied guidelines for chassis building mine fits in pretty well, judge for yourselves :D
what is the wheelbase on your car, ours is 3400mm, if yours isn't 3400mm it wont match up, also for 2013 it must fit in the boxes, for 2012 however, we are just gauging CPU time and testing all the systems :)
Budding F1 Engineer

astracrazy
astracrazy

nick, why does it have to be the same wheel base? Does the car have to fit in with F1 regs, or with your boxes? Because my wheel base is slightly longer than yours

N12ck

astracrazy wrote:nick, why does it have to be the same wheel base? Does the car have to fit in with F1 regs, or with your boxes? Because my wheel base is slightly longer than yours
It does say in the rules it must fit the boxes or it's illegal, as we can't make regulation checkers for each individual wheelbase each team uses, this is the only accurate way of checking if a car is legal within sketchup, so the wheelbase for 2013 must be 3400mm, aside from that the virtual stopwatch is configured to 3400mm wheelbase to isolate the aero effects on laptime.
Budding F1 Engineer