2012 Brazilian GP - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
astracrazy

Re: 2012 Brazilian GP - Interlagos

ironic if Vettel gets an alternator failure :lol: give him something to cry about

Red Schneider

Vettel's engine status?

raymondu999

What about it?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Red Schneider

Just curious how he's doing engine wise. I can't recall whether he got a fresh one in Abu Dhabi. He's either on his eighth or ninth, right?

raymondu999

He isn't "on" his 8th or 9th. Engines can be rotated. If Engine 1 has only done 1 race so far, for example - he could put Engine 1 back in the car. You can use the 8 in any order.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Joie de vivre

LET THE RAIN DANCE BEGIN!

Red Schneider

Right, my fault. Really just hoping for some spice in Brazil, to be honest.

zeph

stefan_ wrote:Frankly, I think Alonso deserves the title - his team doesn't.
+1

Same could be said for Hamilton, though.

SamH123

I'm sure Ferrari want rain but I don't think it will be like early season where Alonso streaks to Pole

I think that was to do with the tires but I think all the teams are about equal now with their understanding of the tires and Ferrari won't still have that advantage

Am I right in saying Barcelona and Interlagos are quite similar tracks?

raymondu999

I don't think they are. Barcelona is more sweepers, Interlagos is more slow-medium.

IMO the Red Bull could be A (not THE) car to watch in the wet. Close to pole twice in the wet, and without a braking mistake in Hockenheim, Vettel probably would've been on wet pole, even with older tyres.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob

Red Schneider wrote:Just curious how he's doing engine wise. I can't recall whether he got a fresh one in Abu Dhabi. He's either on his eighth or ninth, right?
Argh, why do people still not get this. An engine is not thrown away because another is used. Just because Hamilton used his 8th engine 6 races ago, does not mean he's used the same engine 6 races running. Instead, engines are assigned a set of (usually 3) races that they must be used for. Often this means that different engines will be used for several races running, and that then the same set of engines will be rotated in again for another set of races. None of the top drivers have used a 9th engine yet, none of them have indicated that they might need to.

godlameroso

The breaking for Interlagos is unique, there is a lot of trail braking, and I have a feeling the Ferrari is good in these corners. Also a lot of the high speed corners are similar to Mugello where Ferrari was particularly strong, yes I know they only tested there.
Saishū kōnā

WhiteBlue

JimClarkFan wrote:It will be interesting to see how Vettel handles the pressure in Brazil, he has never went into a final race in the lead! Also Vettel is on his last engine, and they have that alternator problem still lingering.... looking forward to this.
That isn't much of a question. He will handle the pressure exactly the same way he dealt with it after his engine failure in Korea 2010. Ignore everything around him and try to win every race. That is what he did this year as well. Why should anything change? Regarding the engine they are entitled to use another engine. Remember, this is the last race. All engines can be selected that have been used before.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

beelsebob wrote:An engine is not thrown away because another is used ... engines are assigned a set of (usually 3) races that they must be used for. Often this means that different engines will be used for several races running, and that then the same set of engines will be rotated in again for another set of races.
Actually they may not rotate an engine in as you put it unless it is for Friday practise or the last race.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

WB - what beelsebob means is that you can use Engine 1 for example at Melbourne, US and Brazil. Then Engine 2 at race X, Y and Z. ie the engine doesn't have to be used in order.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法