Marussia F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: Marussia F1 Team 2013

Didn't have Red Bull a custom KERS? I picked that up somewhere, but can't remember where.
#AeroFrodo

CHT
CHT

things are looking very promising for Marussia at the moment. Pat Symonds + Mclaren technical agreement + KERS should really help this team in 2013.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104962

dren

But aren't they still using that pig of a chassis they have been the last several years? It'd be interesting if Marussia becomes the first of the new teams to score a point. Chances of them beating Caterham next year?
Honda!

Polarbear

No, Marussia have always produced a new chassis each year - they have never carried one over.

They even did 2 chassis is 2010 after the well publicised "miscalculation" on the fuel tank size.

I think they have come a long way since those days, and was really impressed with their progress last year.

I would love to see Marussia be the first of the 2010 entry teams to score a point, particularly after Bernie hasn't offered them a new Concorde and Charles Pic gave away their 10th place in the constructors in Brazil.

dren

Polarbear wrote:No, Marussia have always produced a new chassis each year - they have never carried one over.

They even did 2 chassis is 2010 after the well publicised "miscalculation" on the fuel tank size.

I think they have come a long way since those days, and was really impressed with their progress last year.

I would love to see Marussia be the first of the 2010 entry teams to score a point, particularly after Bernie hasn't offered them a new Concorde and Charles Pic gave away their 10th place in the constructors in Brazil.
ahhh must have been thinking HRT and dalara
Honda!

turbof1

Things seem to be stable for this year. The partnership with McLaren, the addition of KERS and the overall better company structure should give a strong boost. I am throwing some dices here, but I think they'll be contending for points.
#AeroFrodo

CHT
CHT

Polarbear wrote: Charles Pic gave away their 10th place in the constructors in Brazil.
I got the impression that was the case too. Perhaps just being eager to score a "point" with caterham

NathanOlder

I hope Marussia do the business this year and score a few points. I have always been a Caterham fan (of the new teams) but after last years promise of catching the midfield and not really being any closer, I was extremely impressed with Marussia's improvement. I feel with KERS and access to a decent wind tunnel, they can pass Caterham and catch the points.

GO MARUSSIA, GO MAX.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

TzeiTzei

I think the biggest question mark is their long term (or even short term) financial stability. They have a lot of debt, and they dont seem to get any money from Bernie (havent even signed the concorde yet). That's a huge disadvantage compared to Caterham, but if they are financially ok then i feel that technically they are capable of beating Caterham this year. Points? Maybe not.

Leendert82

NathanOlder wrote:I hope Marussia do the business this year and score a few points. I have always been a Caterham fan (of the new teams) but after last years promise of catching the midfield and not really being any closer, I was extremely impressed with Marussia's improvement. I feel with KERS and access to a decent wind tunnel, they can pass Caterham and catch the points.

GO MARUSSIA, GO MAX.
Caterham has already got the basics right, Marrusia will need to work on the basics in 2013 (maximizing KERS for example)
Indeed Caterham did not perform as they would have hoped, but I cannot see Marrusia closing this gap soon. Maybe in 2014 but 2013 would be too soon.
For those that are saying that Marrusia will be scornig points, please consider to yourself whether Marrusia can increase performance by 1.5 - 2 seconds all the sudden, as that was the pace that they were lacking for points throught the 2012 season.

raymondu999

Of course, had Hulkenberg and Hamilton not come to blows in Brazil, Marussia would be ahead of Caterham in the 2012 WCC. With rules stability comes a closing of the field, as those with slower cars have more to gain. So with the gap between Caterham and Marussia set to decrease (especially after the transition year of 2012 as Marussia abandons its CFD-only program) then that can only be better for Marussia. Don't forget we are into the off-season, giving Marussia plenty of time to make up gaps. And more importantly - a lot of teams are, IMO beginning to plateau in terms of the possibilities of the current set of regs.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FW17

They will be using a Williams KERS this season.

Still don't understand why they are pursuing with there own development of the gearbox which has been troublesome since 2010. I expected a gearbox deal with Williams to be announced along with KERS.

Neno

WilliamsF1 wrote:They will be using a Williams KERS this season.

Still don't understand why they are pursuing with there own development of the gearbox which has been troublesome since 2010. I expected a gearbox deal with williams to be announced along with KERS.
maybe they think they have best gearbox on grid?

Polarbear

Why would Marussia require a customer gearbox deal?
They have never had any porblems with their 'box, and I think are probably one of the most reliable cars.
Mechanically their car is sound - more than sound in fact - it's just aero they lack...

Leendert82

raymondu999 wrote:Of course, had Hulkenberg and Hamilton not come to blows in Brazil, Marussia would be ahead of Caterham in the 2012 WCC. With rules stability comes a closing of the field, as those with slower cars have more to gain. So with the gap between Caterham and Marussia set to decrease (especially after the transition year of 2012 as Marussia abandons its CFD-only program) then that can only be better for Marussia. Don't forget we are into the off-season, giving Marussia plenty of time to make up gaps. And more importantly - a lot of teams are, IMO beginning to plateau in terms of the possibilities of the current set of regs.
But still Marrusia was allot slower throughout the season than Caterham on every single race except for Singapore where they were lucky.