Marussia F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
stefan_
stefan_

Re: Marussia F1 Team 2013

I was surprised when I heard the rumours because I knew that Glock had a contract for this year at least. I heard something about that it is a possibility for him to drive for BMW in DTM, but we'll see.

I am 97,3% sure that Petrov will take the now empty seat at Marussia.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

matt21

Timo Glock is gong to test a M3 DTM in Valencia this week.

Leendert82

turbof1 wrote:Well apperently I was wrong: Marussia liked Glock alot, but not enough to rate him above a (yet) illusive bag of money.

Glock still was under contract I suppose? I also think Glock went to Force India; that way they could release him without having to undergo the consequences of the clausules.
Marrussia does what Caterham did last season with Trulli (although a bit earlie) get Money from a pay driver and buy off the seat and settle with Glock.

turbof1

The difference is that Trulli was not such a good driver. His impression was sloppy at best; Glock made a much better one.

No doubt Marussia would first have looked if they could stall Glock at a different team? That way it will be unlikely that they had to buy off his seat, especially because every other team is better then Marussia. Though that only leaves Force India as a candidate. For Force India though he would be the best option; a very decent driver that drove last season. Sutil is good, but you can expect he lost a bit of speed due he wasn't in a seat in 2012. Jules Bianchi has backing from Ferrari, but FI policy is to look primariy to how good the driver is, and not at the extra benefits that comes with a driver (actually one of the last privateer teams to do so). Rationally speaking, Glock earns that seat. If he gets it, is something else (unfortunaly).
#AeroFrodo

Leendert82

turbof1 wrote:The difference is that Trulli was not such a good driver. His impression was sloppy at best; Glock made a much better one.

No doubt Marussia would first have looked if they could stall Glock at a different team? That way it will be unlikely that they had to buy off his seat, especially because every other team is better then Marussia. Though that only leaves Force India as a candidate. For Force India though he would be the best option; a very decent driver that drove last season. Sutil is good, but you can expect he lost a bit of speed due he wasn't in a seat in 2012. Jules Bianchi has backing from Ferrari, but FI policy is to look primariy to how good the driver is, and not at the extra benefits that comes with a driver (actually one of the last privateer teams to do so). Rationally speaking, Glock earns that seat. If he gets it, is something else (unfortunaly).
Trulli was seen as a very good solid driver by many many others. Its your oppinion he was not good. (please state reasons)

NathanOlder

If Marussia want to get recognised, why dont they get Senna in, I know its not the best seat on the grid, but its still 1 of only 22 in the world. Then, once Senna joins and pays his way, bump Chilton back to reserve and use the extra cash to lure in....... Nicolas Prost! THe world will all know who Marrusia are over night!

Instant Hit [-o<
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

turbof1

Leendert82 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:The difference is that Trulli was not such a good driver. His impression was sloppy at best; Glock made a much better one.

Trulli was seen as a very good solid driver by many many others. Its your oppinion he was not good. (please state reasons)
He had all the trouble against Kovelainen. Sure Trulli was a solid qualy driver, but his race pace always was mediocre.
#AeroFrodo

zafhos28
zafhos28

stefan_ wrote:I am 97,3% sure that Petrov will take the now empty seat at Marussia.
Marussia has dbts and needs money. Petrov is still without contact becase he has no money.
The only possible version is that russian government promissed to save both russian team and russian driver, if they unite.

matt21

Timo Glock signed a contract for DTM

FW17

matt21 wrote:Timo Glock signed a contract for DTM
Best of luck to Timo in his new venture in DTM.

It’s a shame, he couldn’t come up with the sponsorship money or was he good enough for any other team.

stefan_
stefan_

F1Zone.net ‏@f1zone
Sources suggesting, as we reported last week, that Luiz Razia is edging closer to the Marussia seat
Well that's interesting.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Gridlock

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ent=safari

"Luiz Razia acerta com a Marussia e é o 2º brasileiro na Fórmula 1 em 2013" (Luis Razia's website, until recently)

stefan_
stefan_

Razia returns

Pre-Season Testing, Circuito de Jerez, Spain
Wednesday 6 February 2013, 08.00hrs CET

We are pleased to welcome Luiz Razia back to our Team as Race Driver for the 2013 season.

The 23 year old Brazilian, runner-up in the 2012 GP2 Series and Marussia F1 Team Reserve Driver in 2010, completes the race driver line-up for the coming season, alongside 21 year old Briton Max Chilton.

It will be straight down to business for Luiz today. Once the Team’s Day Two programme gets underway later this morning, he will be testing the MR02 for the first time.

John Booth, Team Principal, Marussia F1 Team
“We are pleased to have concluded our driver line-up, which means that we can now focus all our attentions on what looks set to be a very promising 2013 season. Luiz isn’t new to our Team of course, having been Reserve Driver in our debut season in 2010 and part of our Young Driver Programme. It is therefore very pleasing to have not one but two graduates of that Programme driving for us in 2013, and also very exciting, since both Luiz and Max demonstrated a great deal of potential competing alongside each other in GP2 last season. When Luiz moved to GP2 in 2011, we had every expectation that he would progress to the extent that he has. He is a very quick and tenacious driver who battled hard to the runner-up spot last year. Together with Max, we are fielding a young but incredibly ambitious pairing and we look forward to seeing what they can achieve.”

Luiz Razia, Race Driver #22
“It is fantastic to be back with the Marussia F1 Team and with pretty much the same group of people I worked with back in 2010 when I was Reserve Driver. Having been in that position, I know this Team rewards determination and success in its young drivers, the intention of its Programme being to school the next generation of racing driver. I am very proud to take the step up to a Formula 1 race seat, particularly with the Team I began this journey with, since they helped show me what it takes to progress to the highest level. The past two seasons in GP2 have been all about proving that I have what it takes and that I’m ready. This coming season will be all about rewarding the faith the Team have shown in me. I am looking forward to beginning that process in Jerez where we are testing the MR02 for the first time. I am also looking forward to the first race in Melbourne and I’m excited to be racing alongside Max, who I competed ‘against’ last season. This is an important year for the Marussia F1 Team in terms of maintaining the momentum from a very positive 2012 season. I look forward to making a valuable contribution to that.”

Huntresa
Huntresa

Wild rumour:

One of the swedish F1 commentators got an SMS tonight saying that Reidel, the ones who do the radio equippment for several teams, has done one for Heikki Kovalainen on the behalf of Marussia.

AND GO! :D

raymondu999

Has done one what?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法