Marussia F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Huntresa

Re: Marussia F1 Team 2013

raymondu999 wrote:Has done one what?
Radio equipment...

raymondu999

No offense mate, but I still don't get what you're saying. They've done one radio for Heikki on behalf of Marussia? What's that supposed to mean?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Huntresa

raymondu999 wrote:No offense mate, but I still don't get what you're saying. They've done one radio for Heikki on behalf of Marussia? What's that supposed to mean?
That there will be a radioheadset etc for Heikki in the marussia garage during this weeks barca test, wheter or not he will be there is still anyones guess.

pocketmoon

Still rumors but this website state 'multiple sources' . All good F1 fun!

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.s ... ian-kanssa

Huntresa

Yeah it seems that the buzz is that Razia is out of the picture all together cause his sponsors cant pay. This is an intresting turn of events!

Petroltorque

Signing Razia made sense if Marussia were not going to get Column 3 payments this year. However it seems that Ecclestone has relented and the team will receive some FOM funding. If we're brutally honest Razia is no where near F1 standard. His sponsors non payment gives the team an opportunity to sign someone with some experience but less money. Bianchi though wild, his speed is not in doubt and he would provide the team with the kudos of acting as a launching platform for talented drivers.

stefan_

I feel bad for Razia - so close yet so far, it's a bummer when this happens because of the money. On the other hand, It's a good call signing Bianchi. From all the rookies on the grid this year, I think he did the most testing in an F1 car. Going to be interesting seeing him racing.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

nacho

I assume this will mean Marussia will use Ferrari engines next year?

beelsebob

nacho wrote:I assume this will mean Marussia will use Ferrari engines next year?
You think Ferrari are going to be the cheapest engine supplier? I would seriously doubt that. At the moment, it looks like they have a choice between Renault, Ferrari, Merc and Honda. I'd bet that Ferrari and Merc will be expensive, I suspect Honda may be McLaren exclusive initially. So my bet will be on renault.

Neno

beelsebob wrote:
nacho wrote:I assume this will mean Marussia will use Ferrari engines next year?
You think Ferrari are going to be the cheapest engine supplier? I would seriously doubt that. At the moment, it looks like they have a choice between Renault, Ferrari, Merc and Honda. I'd bet that Ferrari and Merc will be expensive, I suspect Honda may be McLaren exclusive initially. So my bet will be on renault.
Renault already said they dont want another customer, in Ferrari said they want too keep 3 customers and after Toro Rosso leave it will left them only on two so this is their first option specialy when Bianchi is their driver, Mercedes is also possible new customer, but i dont know if Mercedes want to supplie more then three teams, and what is left? Honda? It's just a rumor.

gerishnikov

wasn't force india rumored to be switching to ferrari? Sure I read that somewhere as I thought it strange as mclaren and FI had the deal where FI got gearboxes and RCS?

raymondu999

I think it hinged on them signing Bianchi - if FIndia fielded Bianchi, then Ferrari promised cost-reduced 2014 engines. However it seems that Mercedes have been backing Sutil in a similar way to FIndia, so we may see the FIndia continue with Mercedes power in 2014. IMO Bianchi going to Marussia - added up to Marussia saying they were looking at an engine partner - could signal Marussia F1 Team - Ferrari in 2014
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

TzeiTzei

Pat Symonds said yesterday that they are in discussion with all the engine manufacturers. Sure Ferrari might be the most obvious option, as they will only have Sauber as a customer next year. But then again, i would think that from technical pov Marussia would like to go the same route McLaren are going.

kooleracer

TzeiTzei wrote:Pat Symonds said yesterday that they are in discussion with all the engine manufacturers. Sure Ferrari might be the most obvious option, as they will only have Sauber as a customer next year. But then again, i would think that from technical pov Marussia would like to go the same route McLaren are going.
But what way is McLaren going? There are a lot of rumors about possibly linking up with Honda. The safe bet for Marussia should be Ferrari right now. A lot of McLaren key people have reiterated that McLaren won't be /can't afford to be a customer team in 2014.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."