Cottrell's F1 Car [Model] TC2

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CottrellGP

Re: Cottrell's F1 Car [Model] TC2

astracrazy wrote:why have you gone with coanda exhausts when they aren't simulated? its gonna results in a negative effect on your car as you won't have the benefits of the exhaust...
If you would of read what i put at the top of the new post it says i have added them to see what it would look like, iv have made it as a group so i can hide it and un-hide it.
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

astracrazy

ok, i was just sayin incase you didn't know they weren't simulated

on a side note, what setting do you use for your rendering? i know you use that program that begins with K (can't remember what it is) but what settings do you use?

CottrellGP

astracrazy wrote:ok, i was just sayin incase you didn't know they weren't simulated

on a side note, what setting do you use for your rendering? i know you use that program that begins with K (can't remember what it is) but what settings do you use?
Sorry, there was no need for me to be aggressive! Kerkythea is the program i use to render my Sketchup models, and i use the default settings :)

Note: Update/Front wing

Its not finished yet, i need to do some small adjustments on some of the parts to make is a little better, i am also exploring Khamsin CFD, keep an eye out for me in the championship!
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

wesley123

I wouldn't apply the drop down on the cascade's connection towards the end plate. The way you applied now will only cause stronger vortices close to the end plate. It would be better to reduce the AoA close to the end plate and make it drop down towards the center
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

CottrellGP

wesley123 wrote:I wouldn't apply the drop down on the cascade's connection towards the end plate. The way you applied now will only cause stronger vortices close to the end plate. It would be better to reduce the AoA close to the end plate and make it drop down towards the center
Thanks for the feedback :) I will sort it
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

CottrellGP

New cascades, what are your opinions?

Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

MIKEY_!

I prefer the older ones as they follow curvature of the footplate and main wing better, also the smaller angle between the endplate and the cascade may be a source of extra drag. Having said that the vortex generated by the cascade will be smaller on the new model which will reduce drag and this new design seems to be more popular among actual teams so there must be some benefit to it.

On another note, why does the endplate bend inwards near the top? Its reducing the available area for the cascade.

CottrellGP

Final update before the first race, there may be some tweaks.

Front

Side

New rear wing, engine cover, splitter, barge boards, turning vanes and some small floor tweaks.
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

wesley123

looks good, did you do any CFD on it yourself?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

N12ck

Supplied suspension fits great, brilliant, also remember to seal the cockpit before submitting
Budding F1 Engineer

CottrellGP

wesley123 wrote:looks good, did you do any CFD on it yourself?
Yea i done a little bit on the front wing, was unsuccessful! but i am still using mostly the same parts as what i did at the Monaco test!
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

CottrellGP

N12ck wrote:Supplied suspension fits great, brilliant, also remember to seal the cockpit before submitting
Will do nick, and yep it fits perfect, though i do have a little gap between the suspension and the bottom of my chassis for some reason. No problem though nick!
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

N12ck

right, what is the height of the top of your cockpit, i will have a look into this,
Budding F1 Engineer

CottrellGP

N12ck wrote:right, what is the height of the top of your cockpit, i will have a look into this,

Section A-B is 625mm from reference place and then section drops down and it is 580mm and section A is 275mm by 300mm
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

N12ck

Thankyou, I'll see if i can create a suspension design to fit all tubs better for the 2nd race,
Budding F1 Engineer