Cottrell's F1 Car [Model] TC2

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CottrellGP

Re: Cottrell's F1 Car [Model] TC2

N12ck wrote:Thankyou, I'll see if i can create a suspension design to fit all tubs better for the 2nd race,
Its not really a problem for me nick its 6mm lower than the bottom of the tub, i could always just lower my tub 6mm. Check the Image
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

RicME85

I found there was gaps too but was going to design little bulges to fix the problem, much like you would see on an actual car where the suspension meets the bodywork

CottrellGP

RicME85 wrote:I found there was gaps too but was going to design little bulges to fix the problem, much like you would see on an actual car where the suspension meets the bodywork
Good thinking Rich, never had that in mind! Little bit like this!?

Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

CottrellGP

Ah yes i see, there better images.
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

CottrellGP

Monza, Round 2

Hi all, just a few updates for Monza! Nothing big and nothing really innovative.

First update is my front wing, im still hunting for more DF.

Second update is exhaust position, it is now sitting in the body work (maybe illegal) new engine cover and smaller cooling outlets.

Third update major update is the rear wing/beam wing (low down force beam wing)

Feedback is welcome!

And please excuse the awful renders i had to reset my laptop and cannot seem to find Kerkythea anywhere!
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

astracrazy

is that your monza rw? seems quiet high df?

variante

a couple of considerations about the front wing...
have you tried an improved version of your Monaco FW? I don't understand why you abandoned it...it looked very effective.
What about closing the gap between the endplates? or removing those vortex generators (unless you actually managed to create strong vortices) in favor of a lower profile (more ground effect)
also, you may want to consider a lower nosecone.
CottrellGP wrote:Third update major update is the rear wing/beam wing (low down force beam wing)
hmhmh...the beam wing helps to extract air from the diffuser, which is a drag free (pretty much) source of downforce. So i would have worked on the main rear wing only, the major reesponsible for drag