Help with Khasmin

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.

RicME85

Re: Help with Khasmin

I have no idea where that is referenced in Khamsin.

Have you gone into the KVRC thread and downloaded the Ahmed Complete .skp and ran a simulation with that, making sure that swak4foam and groovy is turned off?

andylaurence

Ha! Looks like it's not required at all. I have results and I can open them in Paraview. Unfortunately, I have now realised I need to learn how to interpret them.

astracrazy

just installing khamsin now but the ensight tool link is broken, anyone know what it is

RicME85

Even though I have PM'ed you I thought I would post to let everyone else know, EnSight is not needed. It is for viewing results but Paraview does that. EnSight free cannot handle the large file sizes involved anyway.

kosioBG

found almost everything, just the Openfoam library linkis broken, and it doesn't work without them. Ideas?

RicME85

the directory you need to add will be program files -> blueCFD-SingleCore-2.1/OpenFOAM-2.1/etc/batchrc.bat"

kosioBG

Let me be more precise- i followed your steps and downloaded and installed paraview, gnuplot, gmsh and curl. Further down, it requires a bunch of openFoam things. I know how to tell the program where they are, but i don't have them, i need download links. and, please tell me if i've installed the correct third party apps, and what else i need. thanks.

RicME85

if you cant download the openfoam bit through Khamsin then the link you want is - http://code.google.com/p/bluecfd-single ... e&can=2&q=

kosioBG

Thanks, i got it running. Now i just lack knowledge of what to do with the results, any tips welcome

CottrellGP

Is there any guides for dummy how to install it from step 1 to the finish?
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

kosioBG

CottrellGP wrote:Is there any guides for dummy how to install it from step 1 to the finish?
yes i'll post one as soon as have some time :D

CottrellGP

kosioBG wrote:
CottrellGP wrote:Is there any guides for dummy how to install it from step 1 to the finish?
yes i'll post one as soon as have some time :D
Brilliant, thanks! :D
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!