IndyCar Series

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
User avatar
strad
269
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

I hope that's a good indication that with therapy he will be able to get back on his feet.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

User avatar
Morteza
2186
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

jjn9128 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:36 pm
Good luck to him - taking Wicken's place within that team won't be easy I think. Rosenqvist confirmed for Ganassi too means Sweden is representing in Indycar.

An unnamed driver was also testing for a possible 3rd Carlin entry at COTA this week (not sure if they were wearing an unbranded helmet like the Mercedes Pirelli test).... wonder who that could be. Alonso maybe?
Someone in the comment section of Motorsport.com mentioned that the driver of the Carlin car was RC Enerson.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

User avatar
jjn9128
337
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

Morteza wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:03 pm
Someone in the comment section of Motorsport.com mentioned that the driver of the Carlin car was RC Enerson.
Shame. :lol:
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

User avatar
NathanOlder
147
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

Nice that they are going to COTA ! But will they use the full circuit ?? I'd love a direct comparison to F1 but I bet they use a shorter version that cuts the track short at turn 6. :(
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

Does anyone play F1 2020 on Ps4, Now starting our 3rd season. No assists, 50% races.

https://rapidpixelracing.com

User avatar
jjn9128
337
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

NathanOlder wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:31 am
Nice that they are going to COTA ! But will they use the full circuit ?? I'd love a direct comparison to F1 but I bet they use a shorter version that cuts the track short at turn 6. :(
They tested on the full track. No reason to doubt they'll use it next year. Who cares about a direct comparison to F1 - this year Indycar took downforce off the car, and guess what... they look great, they're tough to drive (no power steering and sliding), and they can actually race.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

User avatar
NathanOlder
147
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

jjn9128 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:02 am
NathanOlder wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:31 am
Nice that they are going to COTA ! But will they use the full circuit ?? I'd love a direct comparison to F1 but I bet they use a shorter version that cuts the track short at turn 6. :(
They tested on the full track. No reason to doubt they'll use it next year. Who cares about a direct comparison to F1 - this year Indycar took downforce off the car, and guess what... they look great, they're tough to drive (no power steering and sliding), and they can actually race.
It would just be nice to see how fast they are. What sort of times have they been posting when they tested ?
On the subject of comparisons , I was surprised the wet practice 1 times for F1 were 16 seconds faster than the dry pole position time in MotoGP. 16 seconds, in practice , in the wet ! and 31 seconds faster in the dry!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

Does anyone play F1 2020 on Ps4, Now starting our 3rd season. No assists, 50% races.

https://rapidpixelracing.com

User avatar
NathanOlder
147
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

Just had a quick look , the first day of testing, and the Indycar's managed a 1.47.8 in the dry. Which is funnily enough 3 tenths slower than Hamiltons wet practice time last month. I'd say the Indycars would be pretty equal to a F2 car then ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

Does anyone play F1 2020 on Ps4, Now starting our 3rd season. No assists, 50% races.

https://rapidpixelracing.com

User avatar
FW17
230
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 am

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

jjn9128 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:02 am
NathanOlder wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:31 am
Nice that they are going to COTA ! But will they use the full circuit ?? I'd love a direct comparison to F1 but I bet they use a shorter version that cuts the track short at turn 6. :(
They tested on the full track. No reason to doubt they'll use it next year. Who cares about a direct comparison to F1 - this year Indycar took downforce off the car, and guess what... they look great, they're tough to drive (no power steering and sliding), and they can actually race.
What is the excitement of not having power steering?

User avatar
strad
269
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

why do you think that with more track time they won't pull that time down to something a little closer?
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Jolle
Jolle
186
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

Morteza wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:03 pm
jjn9128 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:36 pm
Good luck to him - taking Wicken's place within that team won't be easy I think. Rosenqvist confirmed for Ganassi too means Sweden is representing in Indycar.

An unnamed driver was also testing for a possible 3rd Carlin entry at COTA this week (not sure if they were wearing an unbranded helmet like the Mercedes Pirelli test).... wonder who that could be. Alonso maybe?
Someone in the comment section of Motorsport.com mentioned that the driver of the Carlin car was RC Enerson.
Looks and feels like a '94 Benetton with a a modern steering wheel....

User avatar
Chuckjr
45
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:34 am

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

With hopefully more drivers from F1 going over to Indycar, I'm hoping it returns to the glory days of the 90's when they did that and it was magic. I so enjoyed watching Mansell and Montoya and Andretti making switches between the series. It really showed the talent of an F1 driver. Mansell waking in and taking the title his rookie year in 93' was awesome to watch. It will be interesting to see if Fred wipes the floor at the road tracks, and how quickly he learns technique on the ovals. Wasn't it Danny Sullivan who said ovals use something like 30% of the talent compared to a road track? If that's the case, Fred should pick up ovals quick. He lead and impressed at Indy, so that's a good sign. I absolutely cant wait to see him in a competitive car again. His years at Macca have been downright painful to watch.

https://racer.com/2018/11/02/alonso-joh ... n-bahrain/

User avatar
strad
269
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

He picked up Indy pretty quickly. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

User avatar
NathanOlder
147
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

Will Alonso be in IndyCar next year though ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

Does anyone play F1 2020 on Ps4, Now starting our 3rd season. No assists, 50% races.

https://rapidpixelracing.com

User avatar
strad
269
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

I haven't heard anything definite. He does seem to do as he likes though.
.
Stumbled onto this:
Alonso will bow out of Formula 1 following the conclusion of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, bringing down the curtain on a 17-year career in the championship.
But on the Monday after the season-ending F1 event at Yas Marina he will sample Johnson’s Hendrick Motorsports NASCAR machine at Bahrain’s Sakhir Circuit.
Seven-times NASCAR champion Johnson, meanwhile, will get a taste of Formula 1 action at the home of the Bahrain Grand Prix.
The pair had teased the car swap in a series of social media posts before confirming the arrangement, set for November 26, on Friday.
Formula 1 and NASCAR drivers have previously swapped machinery for promotional purposes.
Lewis Hamilton, while competing for McLaren, ran laps of Watkins Glen, while Tony Stewart completed laps aboard Formula 1 machinery.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

User avatar
Morteza
2186
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: IndyCar Series

Post

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare