2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
marcush.

Re: 2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

If anything Lotus and Ferrari were the teams who had something in hand with rising temps.FI and TR were the ones who had a handle on those tyres before the changes so it seems reasonable these two will still struggle with the new tyres .
Mercedes is going to struggle .They were just hopeless last year and I se not many reasons why this should suddenly change ,especially considering they will be the sole team without ANY mileage with the new tyres going into the race weekend .
If I were MGP i would certainly try to put one of my drivers into a seat during that test ...Sauber could be a well placed prospect ...powertrain deal for 2014 + a guest drive for Nico and Lewis in the Sauber,anyone? i heard Monisha needs all the money and incentives she can get these days...
RedBull seems to be the team that had difficulty with tyre degradation at the start of the season but it looks like they have
found something to mellow that characteristic without slowing them down overall.

Vasconia

Due to the high temperatures Lotus and Ferrari will have an opportunity to fight for the victory, Lotus could have its two drives on the podium again. Ferrari could have a good chance too if they bring good updates because Alonso is usually very fast here, his first victory was here if I am not wrong.

So I expect(hope) a close battle between Seb and Lotus/Alonso. Forget Mercedes because with those temperatures they will loose some positions on Sunday. Hungary is usually very hot if there is not a great surprise like in 2006, which would be great because that race was great and Hungaroring is usually dull and boring.

Racer X

Tyres Tyres Tyres..... this could be the end of that saga.

Back to track set ups and aerodynamics engine track preferences and driver skill.

I hope the tires stop influencing the races so much.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

kalinka

Regarding the weather situation > Normally it's too early, but because of the current situation, the weather is highly predictable for the next 7-8 days here. As I wrote earlier, it will be very hot. Beginning with today, every day will be hotter. As they predict, we can see as high as 38-39C at sunday. That's a bad news for Merc,
The only thing could happen is a typical summer thunderstorm, which will be very localized if it happens, hence it's hardly predictable, and a very low chance to develop just above the track.

http://www.idokep.hu/elorejelzes/Budapest

iotar__

kalinka wrote:Regarding the weather situation > Normally it's too early, but because of the current situation, the weather is highly predictable for the next 7-8 days here. As I wrote earlier, it will be very hot. Beginning with today, every day will be hotter. As they predict, we can see as high as 38-39C at sunday. That's a bad news for Merc,
The only thing could happen is a typical summer thunderstorm, which will be very localized if it happens, hence it's hardly predictable, and a very low chance to develop just above the track.

http://www.idokep.hu/elorejelzes/Budapest
:o Yes, it looks like it's going to be very hot, a bit early but forecasts are similar here (Poland) with the hottest day - Sunday. :o

I agree that Mercedes is done, I hope they qualify in front. Perfect for Lotus, maybe some problems for Red Bull although they were fine in Germany, Bahrain or even Valencia last season. Some tyre management differences - the only chance for a good race.

Track is unique and technically interesting for driving and but not good for 'racing'. I thought there were no overtakes last season :wink: but there was at least one: Alonso-Perez between turns 3 and 4. Going back to the subject of DRS zones: on the map in the first post the second zone is after turn 1.

godlameroso

The tires take a pounding in sector two, and it's also impossible to pass there. The only place you can pass is turn one or the last two turns in sector three, and only if you have a much faster car. So if Mercedes nab pole, they can cruise in sector two, and maintain good pace in the other two sectors they'll be able to win. However I think other teams have definitely improved their cars during the break and the young driver's test, so maybe it might be a little closer.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

You're much more likely to see overtaking into 2 and 4 than into the last two corners. I have never for the life of me seen a pass there. The 3rd-last corner, however, saw Lewis pass Mark in 2011 when Mark was having trouble lapping backmarkers, allowing Lewis to pounce.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

strad

all I know is these 3 week breaks test my patience and desire to keep following F1.
Strains credulity that they want to grow their audience. Especially in the U.S..
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Chuckjr

strad wrote:all I know is these 3 week breaks test my patience and desire to keep following F1.
Strains credulity that they want to grow their audience. Especially in the U.S..
+1
The three week breaks are absolutely pathetic.

As for the race, I don't see how Merc has any chance at this race. Maybe Lotus can snag a win this weekend. Would be great to see Kimi at the top with Fred and Webber rounding out the top three--dare to dream! :wink:
Watching F1 since 1986.

monsi

strad wrote:all I know is these 3 week breaks test my patience and desire to keep following F1.
+1

dxpetrov

Wait for 4 wks break after this.... That will be the test!

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hangaku

Indeed. Let's hope that Bernie is locked up for all his bribes and that someone with an ounce of sense is put in charge. Then we can get back to proper racing again.
Yer.

SectorOne

I think the Lotus and Ferrari will once again be exposed in Qualifying, and likewise Mercedes in the race.
I think Red Bull will overtake Merc and run away with it. Alonso and Kimi will be too far back to mount any challenge to Vettel.

I´m more excited to see Qualifying then the race frankly ;) Hoping Merc once again trumps the Bulls on low fuel.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Cocles

We were supposed to have a GP in New Jersey during one of these breaks. The other was to make space for the YDT.