Renault R26 Breaks Cover!

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
m3_lover

Im more surprised that they would show so much technical information for people to see.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

luisandregg

luisandregg wrote:
benjabulle wrote:I've just added pics of the R26 in my Renault section, you already know some of them as they're Renault media photos but maybe you did not see the focus on certain parts of the technical drawings, that's here :

http://www.gurneyflap.com/formula1renault.html

I got this picture from your R26 section and I'm wondering how this mono spring rear suspension works. Is there a torsion bar inside each rocker as well? So what's that central spring for???

Thank you!
Don't you guys have an article about that?

manchild

luisandregg wrote:I got this picture from your R26 section and I'm wondering how this mono spring rear suspension works. Is there a torsion bar inside each rocker as well? So what's that central spring for???
There is a torsion bar for each rocker and that spring works in pair with third shock absorber.

luisandregg

manchild wrote:
luisandregg wrote:I got this picture from your R26 section and I'm wondering how this mono spring rear suspension works. Is there a torsion bar inside each rocker as well? So what's that central spring for???
There is a torsion bar for each rocker and that spring works in pair with third shock absorber.
Does that third shock absorber/spring set work as a anti-roll bar? Is front mounting point of the set free to move or fixed to the gear box?

Thank you again Manchild!!

manchild

Oh, no need to thank me, really not necessary.

Check this topic for third spring info viewtopic.php?t=1075

kilcoo316

m3_lover wrote:Im more surprised that they would show so much technical information for people to see.
They aren't really showing any information.

I'm quite sure all the designers in F1 know what the other teams are at with ideas... its the numbers of those ideas thats closely guarded.

A pic can look like it tells alot, but actually says very little useful at the same time.