Sahara Force India F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
multisync

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2014

bloody hope they do get a decent hearing. Massa --- stirring seems a doth protest too much.

Pierce89

Racer X wrote:
SilverArrow10 wrote:
marcush. wrote:Checo does his usual stuff -on his day he is a good and capable fiddler. Hulk is the complementary,he has the odd day off with normal/solid performance ..No doubt who will come out on top .
But isn't this why the driver line up that they have are so great. Perez will bring in the headline performance once in a blue moon and Hulkenburg will vacuum up as many points as possible. Hulk will win the battle but its win win for the team.
Yeah we still have to see the season run through. If Checos racing is a not consistent then Hulk will win. Either way good for the team. But if Perez is consistent then He will outclass Hulk if he's consistent in fighting and obtaining podiums. The kids been in more podiums then he or Di Resta drivers considered to be of the same I guess you can call it Crop.. it's nice to see consistency I agree but does Checo have what it takes to keep fighting up top. I rather see more podiums then 6th place finishes also... how come force india consistently built strong cars and Paul nor Hulk or Sutil ever take a podium.. last season I really taught Paul or Sutil should have taken at least one...
Hulk hasn't really ever had a podium capable car like the 2012 Sauber. That was one of the best cars we've seen from a true "midfield" team in quite a while, or at least over the course of a season it was.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Racer X

Pierce89 wrote: Hulk hasn't really ever had a podium capable car like the 2012 Sauber. That was one of the best cars we've seen from a true "midfield" team in quite a while, or at least over the course of a season it was.

Well right now both Hulk and Perez are in the same car and Sergio is just faster then Hulk during a Race not to mention his racing craft when overtaking has gotten sharper and Sergio can surge trough the field today he showed it and also in the last race(except for the crash at the end... no thanks Massa) but he showed again that he can out race Hulk hes starting to show more craft then Hulk to me. but then again its only been 2 races.

However Sergio has had a Podium in this FI unlike Hulk..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

multisync

Racer X wrote:
Pierce89 wrote: Hulk hasn't really ever had a podium capable car like the 2012 Sauber. That was one of the best cars we've seen from a true "midfield" team in quite a while, or at least over the course of a season it was.

Well right now both Hulk and Perez are in the same car and Sergio is just faster then Hulk during a Race not to mention his racing craft when overtaking has gotten sharper and Sergio can surge trough the field today he showed it and also in the last race(except for the crash at the end... no thanks Massa) but he showed again that he can out race Hulk hes starting to show more craft then Hulk to me. but then again its only been 2 races.

However Sergio has had a Podium in this FI unlike Hulk..
I heard today that Hulk had most of the upgrade bits and was basically having a long run test session so they were not in the same car.

slimfitcasual

Racer X wrote:Well right now both Hulk and Perez are in the same car and Sergio is just faster then Hulk during a Race not to mention his racing craft when overtaking has gotten sharper and Sergio can surge trough the field today he showed it and also in the last race(except for the crash at the end... no thanks Massa) but he showed again that he can out race Hulk hes starting to show more craft then Hulk to me. but then again its only been 2 races.
Both races Perez & Hulk have run different strategy. Hulk is incredibly consistent. Sergio, not so much.
Per ardua ad astra

Racer X

So if Hulk had all the upgrades. Then shouldn't he have been faster? and your right he didnt have the same care as Hulk. Nico had a better car. or atleast they attempted to give him a better car but Perez was still faster with the previous races parts. If Massa hand crashed Perez he would have came in 4th - 5th last race as well. So the way i see it Sergio is just faster. unlucky perhaps but faster better driver lets see what happens at Silverstone.

Godius

FI thought that they had a solid 3th place in the pocket with Perez. They failed to get him do an another timed run in the end of Q1. Big mistake.

saju

Perez ran wide in his outlap and couldn't cross the line before chequered flag for the final run. He is a head of lewis and rosberg but end up behind. The team give him the chance but he didn't take it

seahawk

But overall the car seems to go backward compared to the competition, especially in the race.

monsi

Re the discussion on how the drivers compare ....

Relative weight of the two drivers ? Have Force India made the minimum weight so this will not be a factor ?

Racer X

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140714/f1/140719939

Force India will not support a Formula One FRIC agreement
Controversial suspension system may need unanimous consent to be deemed legal for use

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2014071 ... z37W8m113r
Follow us: @AutoweekUSA on Twitter | AutoweekUSA on Facebook

Racer X

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 16184.html
Exclusive Vijay Mallya Q&A: Force India can catch Williams

With one of the best young driver pairings in Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez, Force India have continued their tradition of punching above their weight this season. Going into the summer break they lie fifth in the constructors' table on 98 points - 39 up on this time last year.

And despite failing to score for the first time in 2014 in Hungary, team boss Vijay Mallya is confident his Mercedes-powered squad can continue their upward trend and take the fight to the Formula One frontrunners...

Godius

New update in Singapore, Green told AMuS that they will introduce a new front wing, a new cooling layout and a redesigned rear end of the car. They will drive in Monza with more or less the same car that they drove in Francorchamps.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 62958.html

Racer X

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2013

With radio bans... I bet displays are goin to be helpful and Perez and Hulk doing good..