Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Cuky wrote:
Racer X wrote:So what is the deal at Ferrari

Vettel & Kimi DIVERS

Esteban & Vergne RESERVE/Test Driver
You forgot Pedro De La Rosa, Marc Gene and Davide Rigon as all three of them are listed on their page as test drivers. And you can probably count Raffaele Marciello in as he got his chance to drive F14-T at the last test day in Abu Dhabi
Pedro de la Rosa and Ferrari have parted ways, he is gone. I'm not sure about Gene & Rigon.

Vergne will be focusing on simulator work and improving that area of the team.
On the Official Ferrari F1 website, Both Marc Gené and Davide Rigon are still mentioned as test drivers, paired with Esteban.

Raffaele Marciello is not a test driver.

I agree however Gené and Rigon have not been mentioned as test drivers officially yet.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ringo

What becaome of fisichella?
For Sure!!

Cuky

He's driving Ferraris in GT races in WEC and TUSCC. He also won Le Mans 24 Hours race this year in GTE-Pro class with teammates Toni Vilander and Gianmaria Bruni

lio007

Confirmed by Arivabene: Jock Clear replaces Pat Fry

http://www.eurosport.com/formula-1/merc ... tory.shtml

EDIT: some other aspects of today's press conference

- 2015 chassis has passed all FIA crashtests
- brawn and newey aren't considered any more
- adaptions in the PU-schedule (caused by the change of regulations last week): "major changes" will be shifted to a later PU-spec, to be sure that the changes work fine

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 29822.html
Last edited by lio007 on 22 Dec 2014, 17:35, edited 2 times in total.

donskar

lio007 wrote:Confirmed by Arivabene: Jock Clear replaces Pat Fry

http://www.eurosport.com/formula-1/merc ... tory.shtml
Jock Clear? Bit of a surprise, no? I know he is a very experienced race engineer, but does he have some other background that would suit him for his new role?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Cuky

well he was head of composite design at Benetton in 1989 and senior designer at Leyton House in 1992, and has graduated in mechanical engineering. Seems like he has some background that will suit him in new role

donskar

Cuky wrote:well he was head of composite design at Benetton in 1989 and senior designer at Leyton House in 1992, and has graduated in mechanical engineering. Seems like he has some background that will suit him in new role
Thanks for the details. I just wonder if he has done any significant design work since 1992. I think of a race engineer as a person who sets up someone else's design rather than a person who takes part in or oversees design. Am I missing something?
PS: Very happy to have him aboard -- lots of experience with successful teams.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

aleks_ader

donskar wrote:Thanks for the details. I just wonder if he has done any significant design work since 1992. I think of a race engineer as a person who sets up someone else's design rather than a person who takes part in or oversees design. Am I missing something?
PS: Very happy to have him aboard -- lots of experience with successful teams.
What you need to do technical role?

Ferrari had already design team fully covered and that is J Allison. James just now need new tech support on track operations. He also need good lateral thinker which understood F1 engineering well and know how optimally setup the car.

Meantime James could just fully concentrate on design, create new ideas, review reports from Jock and its fellow engineers from Maranello departments like windtunnel, CFD and PU etc.

Even so if its Jock additionally motivated he could also "explain" some tricks from Merc team and provide freesh ideas on the table. Ideas about setup and how adapt design to make the life easier for mechanics and report how car responds on diff track demands etc.

Even so there is also "social" factor. To be leader of group in so competitive sport like F1 you need "crazy", "special", dedicated people. People with charisma.

You need people witch works 24/7 and had smile on its face every time and make good relationships with its fellow coworkers (or it young/senior engineer, garbage man, it doesn't matter). From my outside view i had no confirmation or knowledge of its personality. I had no idea how is Jock motivated or about its work methods with group of people but i m sure that he must have brain&heart on right place (cuz he is damm long in this circus).

There are just plenty of things in witch Jock could help Allison&co.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Manoah2u

Good thing alonso is gone, same BS. Same old, same old. How many times have I heared this story? ugh.

Mclaren has passed the crash test at the least a week ago I remember.

I like Ferrari as the heritage Ferrari team, i could care less about things today. I do hope the Vettel combo will start
a fresh start into the front, but frankly, i'm hoping Alonso-Mclaren will blow them away when Alonso is winning and
Ferrari at 9th and 10th spots. Why? because I hope it would be a real wake up call. A wake up call that there's something
genuinly wrong with Ferrari, and not to blame it on the driver.

If arguably what should be the best team in the world has to use Sauber and Toyota wind tunnels, and their simulation models don't correspond to real life, then there is something genuinly wrong over there. Perhaps the 'clean sweep' at Ferrari will result in what they want; a fresh start to fix stuff.

Same old story writing however makes me feel like we're still seeing the same Ferrari just with different people in it.

Hey, i'd like nothing more than the reds going for the win again - but it's been too much of a deja-vu since schumacher left.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

giantfan10

Manoah2u wrote:Good thing alonso is gone, same BS. Same old, same old. How many times have I heared this story? ugh.

I like Ferrari as the heritage Ferrari team, i could care less about things today. I do hope the Vettel combo will start
a fresh start into the front, but frankly, i'm hoping Alonso-Mclaren will blow them away when Alonso is winning and
Ferrari at 9th and 10th spots. Why? because I hope it would be a real wake up call. A wake up call that there's something

If arguably what should be the best team in the world has to use Sauber and Toyota wind tunnels, and their simulation models don't correspond to real life, then there is something genuinly wrong over there. Perhaps the 'clean sweep' at Ferrari will result in what they want; a fresh start to fix stuff.

Same old story writing however makes me feel like we're still seeing the same Ferrari just with different people in it.

Hey, i'd like nothing more than the reds going for the win again - but it's been too much of a deja-vu since schumacher left.
all i have to say to you is WOW!!!
when you crash test a car now determines what place you will finish in the championship...
this forum has rules so i cant express what i really think about you and the rest of the crowd that seem to thrive on made up drama and wild guesses

Redragon

giantfan10 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:Good thing alonso is gone, same BS. Same old, same old. How many times have I heared this story? ugh.

when you crash test a car now determines what place you will finish in the championship...
this forum has rules so i cant express what i really think about you and the rest of the crowd that seem to thrive on made up drama and wild guesses
He is entitle to any point of view and should be respected. I don't think he says the crash test determines the place. Also there is some hope for Ferrari on his statements, I think you should read more carefully before such non constructive reaction. If you are not happy welcoming any opinions from members I don't know what you are doing on this forum.

Manoah2u

Redragon wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:

He is entitle to any point of view and should be respected. I don't think he says the crash test determines the place. Also there is some hope for Ferrari on his statements, I think you should read more carefully before such non constructive reaction. If you are not happy welcoming any opinions from members I don't know what you are doing on this forum.
Thanks, exactly my point. How the crash test was read as defining for the championship is beyond me. Alonso was tired of hearing the same excuses year after year, and unfortunately Ferrari states more of the same, whereas Mclaren, Alonso's new nest, seems to be better prepared for next year. Not strange with all the team and political shifts within Ferrari.
In other words; Alonso seems to already find himself in a better place for 2015.

And if indeed like you say you get so heated that you are implying on words prohibited by the forum than I really think you ought to seek some calm, if you get so beefed up over a simple opinion?

you have been seriously disrespectful in the past here, too. It's never too late to learn and improve, though.

FW17

Marchionne said key "mistakes" were made in 2014, and one of them may have been appointing the inexperienced Marco Mattiacci as axed Stefano Domenicali's successor.

"He was still learning the job but in the situation Ferrari was in, we could not rebuild the team waiting for the boss to gain experience,"

"The previous team leadership made strategic decisions that I disagreed with," Marchionne is quoted by Italian publications.

"Decisions relating to the car of 2014 and the preparation for 2015. For me, considering how we finished, how much we spent and where we are, in short, it was a mistake.

"That is why we are now coming from behind because of choices made by other people. 2015 will be a difficult year that will put a strain on the whole team,"
Looks like Mattiacci had the book thrown at him rather than let down slowly

Last edited by FW17 on 23 Dec 2014, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.