Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
smhasan7

Re: Ferrari F14T

.poz wrote:As you can see there is some change in nosecone, look at the white stripe under the camera dummy (new one on the right)

Or maybe they just changed the painting or is the usual different camera angle .....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/552 ... ld_new.jpg
As some of you may perhaps know, I'm amongst the most novice of readers on the forum and hence very rarely post. But I'm an avid F1 fan and have probably read each one of the 70 pages on the thread.

Just want to ask, am I wrong in assessing that this new FW introduced today is a James Allison affect or probably more so due to correlation problems being finally put to coffin? Are we seeing some Lotusesque designs on Ferrari now?

On another note it's really annoying that Aldo Costa despite being a very good designer came up with some conservative designs at Ferrari but after moving to Mercedes, he along with other big wigs at Mercedes have shown tremendous improvements... I'm hoping James Allison can turn our fortunes, after all Pat Fry has probably been average and not contributed much. But that's just my opinion and I could be totally totally wrong!

F1.Ru

smhasan7 wrote:
.poz wrote:As you can see there is some change in nosecone, look at the white stripe under the camera dummy (new one on the right)

Or maybe they just changed the painting or is the usual different camera angle .....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/552 ... ld_new.jpg
As some of you may perhaps know, I'm amongst the most novice of readers on the forum and hence very rarely post. But I'm an avid F1 fan and have probably read each one of the 70 pages on the thread.

Just want to ask, am I wrong in assessing that this new FW introduced today is a James Allison affect or probably more so due to correlation problems being finally put to coffin? Are we seeing some Lotusesque designs on Ferrari now?

On another note it's really annoying that Aldo Costa despite being a very good designer came up with some conservative designs at Ferrari but after moving to Mercedes, he along with other big wigs at Mercedes have shown tremendous improvements... I'm hoping James Allison can turn our fortunes, after all Pat Fry has probably been average and not contributed much. But that's just my opinion and I could be totally totally wrong!

This design of Front wing may have been made in early august or september .... caz by that time they are already in a advance stage of design phase for 2014. So james allison cant contribute much here i think ....but he can contribute to the year long arms race that is surely going to be a case this year .... and i am certain we will see many innovation this year ...caz with that much change in regulation and early phase of testing gives all teams idea about each others design and ideology ...so mixture of design and refining will happen in quick succession. And in another note .... Pat Fry is not that much average that you are saying ...though he has not enjoy much success but certainly he give Ferrari some hope for doing wonder .... but could not keep that alive for either correlation problem or lack of competent idea or scope of development his design.
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

stefan_

Winter Testing 2014 - Session 3, Day 1 - Bahrain (27.02.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

ajdavison2

Are they running some kind of small snow plough or something?

Dream Theater

I saw this new small winglet above the roll hoop, and I'm pretty sure that I've never seen this on F14-T:

Is this effectively a new winglet, or is this somehow related to the fact that in the sensor above the roll hoop they removed the pitot tube?
Personally I don't think that the two facts may be linked together...what do you think?

Mr.G

It looks like some kind of antenna for me.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Ganxxta

Reminds me of the famous F2004 (IIRC), where they introduced such (kind of) winglet first in Melbourne.

Looks like a similar idea, if its not some antenna, I guess everyone will copy it like they did before.
I just hope it won't get as far as McLaren and BMW brought this wiglet idea. :roll:

(Damn, that was such a nice looking car :cry: )

desl

A look into the Ferrari nose ... from the back.

stefan_

Winter Testing 2014 - Session 3, Day 2 - Bahrain (28.02.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

f1316

Looks like they've gone back to the smaller cooling solution for now, but new front and rear wings remain on.

stefan_

Winter Testing 2014 - Session 3, Day 2 - Bahrain (28.02.2014)

siskue2005

what is that under the nose? snow plough?

and here

not present in this shot

aleks_ader

siskue2005 wrote:what is that under the nose? snow plough?
http://i.imgur.com/fCpmjo2.jpg

and here
http://i.imgur.com/7YzLcKX.jpg

not present in this shot
http://i.imgur.com/KeFk0Mf.jpg
I believe that is angle of the foto. That is T-tray curly edge. Optical illusion.

And furthermore in that venturi section of FW pillars had there splitter is not quite effective or recommended.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

DAMNINice

FW underside (at least a bit)
I think it´s the old one
REal men play with twins!

aleks_ader

DAMNINice wrote:FW underside (at least a bit)
I think it´s the old one
http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Fer ... 758266.jpg
Look cascades. There is nothing to think about... :wink:
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna