Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
max_speed

Re: Ferrari F14T

comment Live commentary :

The Ferrari catches the eye with a new best time through the first sector, but Alonso backs off after that and cruises back to the pits.

i have seen the same for F14T in previous tests too , also sets purple in either sector and then backs off. why ?
how technical first sector of behrain circuit is ? . any understanding of car performance can be derived if car is fastest in that sector.

aleks_ader

max_speed wrote:comment Live commentary :

The Ferrari catches the eye with a new best time through the first sector, but Alonso backs off after that and cruises back to the pits.

i have seen the same for F14T in previous tests too , also sets purple in either sector and then backs off. why ?
how technical first sector of behrain circuit is ? . any understanding of car performance can be derived if car is fastest in that sector.
Traction at most or low drag setup. :roll: To many variables to judge.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Postmoe

Traction, braking stability and low drag, low speed df only in turn 4.

wrcva

... how technical first sector of behrain circuit is ? . any understanding of car performance can be derived if car is fastest in that sector.
Here are Brembo circuit parameters;
http://formula1.brembo.com/schede_circu ... in_eng.pdf

atanatizante

That`s the left turning vane under the nose or it`s something else?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Rikhart

I think thats the leading edge of the floor ahead of the left sidepod?

Leon

atanatizante wrote: That`s the left turning vane under the nose or it`s something else?
front edge of the floor
"Clouds now and again
give a soul some respite from
moon-gazing-behold."

Matsuo Basho

Mr.G

It's the edge of the floor, if you look better on the left you can see the deflector (white part with red santander logo).

http://i.imgur.com/pSdDNvB.jpg
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

roadie

Interesting to see the reappearance of the mini T wing above the airbox after a number of years away. I guess with the smaller rear wing and lower rear downforce any improvement in efficiency is welcome.

stefan_

Winter Testing 2014 - Session 3, Day 2 - Bahrain (28.02.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Crabbia

roadie wrote:Interesting to see the reappearance of the mini T wing above the airbox after a number of years away. I guess with the smaller rear wing and lower rear downforce any improvement in efficiency is welcome.
I was thinking that it might have more to do with low noses, since the last time they used it was with the F60, and that had a comparatively low nose compared to the the F150 and the F2012.

I'm just guessing but i thought it might be there to stabilize flow coming from the low nose over the drivers head.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Snelle Eddy

Apparently they started the day with the old FW. I wonder why?

elFranZ

Snelle Eddy wrote:Apparently they started the day with the old FW. I wonder why?
Comparison: each driver starts with the previous baseline, then the updates are applied. It's the only way to get consistent feedbacks from drivers, and this applies to every team.

Crabbia

stefan_ wrote:Winter Testing 2014 - Session 3, Day 2 - Bahrain (28.02.2014)

http://i.imgur.com/IvN1qSP.jpg
Not to start another rake debate but if you look at this the bottom of the diffuser looks to be inline with the wheel rim.

Also there are mclarenesque thin finned louvers attached to the crash structure just above the diffuser, easily visible as they look to be metallic.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

rapha-78

Why aren't they using the monkey seat they brought at bahrein 1 ? With the lack of downforce of these cars it could help ?