Toro Rosso STR9 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

stefan_

Re: Toro Rosso STR9 Renault

Indeed :D

Dont' know how they got there, but I removed them. Thanks for the heads up.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Daliracing

stefan_ wrote:Indeed :D

Dont' know how they got there, but I removed them. Thanks for the heads up.
No problem :D

marcush.

flyboy2160 wrote:Based on aircraft fence designs, these curved strakes look like fences to help turn the airflow around the outward curving side walls without having it separate.
that´s my take on it ...the strakes help fill the whole volume of the diffuser .It´s a trade off -you add surface drag by introducing further aero surfaces but you also keep the air attached in areas with lower speeds and too acute angles ..
the strakes have sharp edges for a reason as well as VGs in areas of need ...

marcush.

pastaracing wrote:
Javert wrote:About the material which the diffuser is built of .. Is there a reason about squares of light gray and dark gray, like in a chess game? I don't understand
They use Textreme from Oxeon, a Swedish manufactor of special carbon fibre. They deliver to all teams. Google and learn about the benefits.
the weave is clalled spread tow it is just short of being two layers of unidirectional fibres laid up at 90° it´s quick to lay up and it has a good drapeability .Convenient .

stefan_

Abu Dhabi 2014 - Thursday (20.11.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Owen.C93

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)