Lotus E22 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
andrewf1

Re: Lotus E22 Renault

gobjb wrote:
andrewf1 wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:Isn't "horizontal projection" effectively when viewed from the side?

If so then wouldn't that allow for the walrus nose anyway regardless of whether the word single is in there or not??
Horizontal projection means viewed from the top.
Actually it means viewed from the front. Horizontal projection gives a vertical cross section.
No...horizontal projection means a projection made on a horizontal plane - which is a plane parallel to the x (and y) axis, or the horizont (all points have the same z coordinate). So, viewed from the top. You're confusing it with the term 'projected onto the horizont', which is not the same thing.
Last edited by andrewf1 on 24 Jan 2014, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

BorisTheBlade

The real benefit of the nose solution will be seen as soon as we get a front view. I like how they formed the rear crash structure as a wing as well.

madly

There is no central pylon from this view? #-o

Blackout

EDIT nevermind
Racecar Engineering also understands from sources within the team that the E22 has a ver clever mechanism for transmitting torque from the power unit to the transmission, which offere much greater performance than others seen by some team suppliers.
Last edited by Blackout on 24 Jan 2014, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

Vanja #66

This sums it up nicely for me... In both looks and reaction...

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

clipsy1H

darkmninya wrote:This car looks like a winning car
only if race alone :mrgreen: nose is so funny !! not even equal.

Rikhart

roadie wrote:Yeah the packaging at the rear looks tight.

Racecar Engineering are reporting:
Racecar Engineering also understands from sources within the team that the E22 has a very clever mechanism for transmitting torque from the power unit to the transmission, which offers much greater performance than others seen by some team suppliers.
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/cars/lotus-e22/
Well if the E22 has such a clever mechanism, then half the grid will have it/already has it, because of the personnel exodus from Lotus.

Holm86

madly

Playing with level curves to check, what'a in the mouth. E22 say AAAA!
When I see E22 and MP4-29 I think the are both interface compatible ;-) Female E22 nose socket to male MP4-29 nose finger-plug :lol:

tok-tokkie

It is sad that this team which has original & interesting ideas is short of money & losing so much of its senior staff. To me the 2 tusks are not attractive aesthetically but I admire the technical merits of the idea. (But I also liked the forward exhaust idea - which turned out to be unsuccessful.)

stefan_

madly wrote:Playing with level curves to check, what'a in the mouth. E22 say AAAA!
When I see E22 and MP4-29 I think the are both interface compatible ;-) Female E22 nose socket to male MP4-29 nose finger-plug :lol:
http://clients.madmultimedia.pl/priv/e2 ... detail.jpg
Plot twist: the E22 isn't a female, but instead has two shafts. If you know what I mean.

I wouldn't be surprised if this render turns out to be a joke from Lotus just to hijack McLaren's launch.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

imightbewrong

Three has been some serious image manipulation done on the nose, just after the split. What are they not showing?

Blackout

Or maybe this is just the version that didnt pass the crash tests / or has been atlawed by the FIA

FrukostScones

more like Naughty UK dogging adventures. Max Power to the people!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.