Caption Competition

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NathanOlder

Re: Caption Competition

Moore77 wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 07:12
etusch wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 12:53
mertol wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 09:58
If snooker is not athletic enough for you then try golf Kappa
There are 2 sport I cant understand, one is golf and other is curling
Is Golf a sport? I always looked at it as a leisure activity that doesn't really involve any skill. More boring than chess.
Golf is one of the hardest sports I've ever played and I've pretty much played all sports to decent level. I'd place snooker very high on the list also. Put it this way, I find Golf harder than Karting. I got to a 12 handicap in golf and just couldn't get any better. Karting just comes easier to me although more time in sim racing and plenty of karting in my early years probably help that.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Big Tea

Did the driver have a big floppy hat? :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

strad

I always looked at it as a leisure activity that doesn't really involve any skill.
No Skill??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wtf:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

adrianjordan

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 14:04
Moore77 wrote:
etusch wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 12:53

There are 2 sport I cant understand, one is golf and other is curling
Is Golf a sport? I always looked at it as a leisure activity that doesn't really involve any skill. More boring than chess.
Golf is one of the hardest sports I've ever played and I've pretty much played all sports to decent level. I'd place snooker very high on the list also. Put it this way, I find Golf harder than Karting. I got to a 12 handicap in golf and just couldn't get any better. Karting just comes easier to me although more time in sim racing and plenty of karting in my early years probably help that.
I don't think the majority would question that it takes skill, just it doesn't strike me as something requiring any sort of athletic prowess... I mean, one glance in the club house at the golf clubs I've been to reveals middle aged men of a, how shall we say, more rotund physique....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

I suppose it comes down to where the line between game/competition and sport is drawn.

For example what makes darts a sport and tiddlywinks a game?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Big Tea

adrianjordan wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 23:54
I suppose it comes down to where the line between game/competition and sport is drawn.

For example what makes darts a sport and tiddlywinks a game?
What about chess? :mrgreen:

NathanOlder

adrianjordan wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 23:53
NathanOlder wrote:
Moore77 wrote:
I don't think the majority would question that it takes skill, just it doesn't strike me as something requiring any sort of athletic prowess... I mean, one glance in the club house at the golf clubs I've been to reveals middle aged men of a, how shall we say, more rotund physique....
Thats just down to the level that you are seeing. Watch professional Golf and they are pretty much all athletes, if they are not on the course/range they are in the gym . Your local golf clubs will have the full range. Just like my local Kart track (buckmore) or my local sunday league football teams. They both have a huge amount of 'round' people as you call it. Being fit and athletic at the top level of sport generally gives you an advantage. F1, Football, Golf, Tennis ect is all the same. So at the top level, they are in shape and fit.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

etusch

etusch

Big Tea

Why do I get this feeling Cyril is going to go to Red Bull?
(who are said to be opening a new engine plant)

the EDGE

Big Tea wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 19:30
:o After all their bad history you think Cyril will go to RB?

I’ve never heard it said RB are going to open an engine plant either. Their desire is to run & maintain Honda PUs, not design & develop new ones

Big Tea

the EDGE wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 20:13
Big Tea wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 19:30
:o After all their bad history you think Cyril will go to RB?

I’ve never heard it said RB are going to open an engine plant either. Their desire is to run & maintain Honda PUs, not design & develop new ones
I am sure Marco has read the adage "better have him in your tent peeing out, than outside peeing in"
Honda have said it will not be making engines, so some sort of new establishment has to be set up, and Cyrol has been there done that. Why not?

Morteza

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

joshuagore

adrianjordan wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 23:53
NathanOlder wrote:
Moore77 wrote:
Don't attend an amateur racing paddock, your dreams of nubile, buff, elite athletes banging w2w may be ruined.