One for the Mods - Technical Moderation

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

Re: One for the Mods - Technical Moderation

Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 20:37
Tried to post a comment on the 2018 testing thread. It came up saying it had to be moderated before it could be posted. It was deemed to be off topic and so not allowed. How come there are half a dozen posts about one of the Sky commentators on that thread (which I was replying to in a cheeky fashion)? Surely those are all off topic too? This is an excellent example of the type of selective off topic moderating I mentioned.

I wonder if everyone on that thread has their posts moderated before posting or was I singled out for some reason?

Edit: the OT posts are all on page 152.
Because you have lots of posts already, it's not the spamfilter that's blocking you.
If you've used "fanboy" in your post, it will require mod approval, always.
If you then get a message "off topic", than that's because a moderator manually disapproved it.
Disapproved posts however are not stored in the system (yet, I'm working on that), so I can't comment personally on this specific case.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Steven wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 10:01
Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 20:37
Tried to post a comment on the 2018 testing thread. It came up saying it had to be moderated before it could be posted. It was deemed to be off topic and so not allowed. How come there are half a dozen posts about one of the Sky commentators on that thread (which I was replying to in a cheeky fashion)? Surely those are all off topic too? This is an excellent example of the type of selective off topic moderating I mentioned.

I wonder if everyone on that thread has their posts moderated before posting or was I singled out for some reason?

Edit: the OT posts are all on page 152.
Because you have lots of posts already, it's not the spamfilter that's blocking you.
If you've used "fanboy" in your post, it will require mod approval, always.
If you then get a message "off topic", than that's because a moderator manually disapproved it.
Disapproved posts however are not stored in the system (yet, I'm working on that), so I can't comment personally on this specific case.
Interesting, didn't realise that particular word triggered intervention. I shall try to remember that.

Thanks Steven
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Steven
Owner

Yes. This was silently introduced towards the end of the 2017 season. There were a bit too much people calling each other that, which again is against the general rule "attack the post, not the poster".