Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2015

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
RicME85

Re: Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2015

See ya Machin ;)

Nah, that was interesting. congratulations to Mantium for the race win and Variante for the championship!

What happened to the JJR car, was surprised by 4th!

Seems a lot of work is still needed on my end but a solid mid table finish this year.

CAEdevice

It seems that the results have been already spoilered... so I can congratulate Variante on the Challange and Mantium on the race: Mantium completely defeated my team in the battle for the 3rd place.

LVDH

Haha, after a week in hospital, these are some good news.
I knew the car was good but seeing the gap to the next car is very satisfying.

The head to head comparison is cool. It is funny to see how much earlier my driver has to hit the brakes compared to the CAEdevice car. All that extra drag seems to keep his brakes nice and cold.

But congratulations to Variante for the overall victory. Good work.

And congratulations to the KVRC team. It was a great challenge, good fun and well organized.
I always enjoyed the scrutineering process. I think this time I submitted my most rule conformant car.
Now I am waiting for KVRC 2016.

machin

Mantium; I think your driver is hitting the brakes earlier because his car covers the straight much quicker, and gets to the braking zone earlier; great car, and a deserved race winner.

The first race (heat 1) is quite interesting to see three different set-ups: The Brook Motorsport car is in last place after the first straight, pulls most of it back near the middle and then loses out to the Talno car by the end, but keeps ahead of Mercury.

I haven't really studied all the numbers (that might sound strange, but I just typed them in without really paying much attention...), but I think all cars showed a good improvement for this final round. In the end though Variante's car had higher DF and lower drag than JJR so just pulled out a little lead across the whole lap. The TF car showed huge promise... Shame about the penalty... And of course Mantium's performance is ominous for next season!

Great work by Julien and Chris though, I think the championship is making good steady progress. I still think it is a shame that Chris isn't out there competing though...
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

machin wrote: I still think it is a shame that Chris isn't out there competing though...
I agree!

variante

Well deserved victory, Mantium. But don't think that it is going to be that easy to beat me next year, when i'll have my CFD problems sorted out ;)

Congratulations to everyone. You all produced great cars.

CAEdevice

I'm curious about some numbers, including the inlets resultants.

Gridiot

Congratulation to Mantium and Variante!

I'm a bit disappointed with my results for this last race, but it's not a surprise since I saw my CFD numbers... I took a risk with the design and tried something aggressive as, this event being last one of this season, it was my last chance to try and get close to the podium. But in the end, it didn't fully work as expected, although I still think the concept might be good with some optimization work.

Anyway, this championship was a really interesting experience and I'm already happy to achieve such results with only 4 iterations. There's still a huge load of optimization that could be done and if I want to fight for podiums next year, I guess I will have to do testing and development between races. This might prove difficult to combine with my other occupations, but I think I will at least give it a try.

Once again, congratulation to the KVRC team and all competitors for this great season.
KVRC Team Kineuton

JJR
JJR

Congratulation to Variante for well deserved title and Mantium for greate last win.
I have 3 month old boy so last 3 months I could not work on my car much - so this is answer what happend with my car :) .
But i' m happy for my little son :) .
Congratulation to everybody and big thanks to KVRC team.
Last edited by JJR on 22 Nov 2015, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

CAEdevice

JJR wrote:Congratulation to Variante for well deserved title and Mantium for greate last win.
I have 3 month old boy so last 3 months I could not work on my car much - so this is answer what happend with my car :) .
But i' m happy for my little son :) .
Congratulation to everybody and big thanks to KVRC tem.
Congratulations to JJR ! This is the most important victory ! I have already won two championships in that category and I know that things are wonderful :)

JJR
JJR

Thank you Matteo :)

cdsavage

Congratulations to Mantium for the impressive results in round 6, and to Variante for the championship win after a very consistent run, finishing every round on the podium and with 2 victories. Well done to everyone who submitted an entry in 2015, the quality of the submissions was high and the competition was close. Thanks also to Julien for his hard work throughout the year, to CAEdevice for sponsorship, and Richard for Virtual Stopwatch, without which KVRC wouldn't be possible.

CAEdevice

Thank you Chris. If possibile, it would be interesting to see the data about drag and downforce (es. http://www.khamsinvirtualracecarchallen ... 15/results ) and the pressure resultants.

LVDH

While you are waiting you can read up on how the car works.
http://mantiumcae.com/mantiumcae-wins-l ... to-caeses/
I would like to know what you guys think about my diffuser:

CAEdevice

I think that is impressive to see that, starting from completely different concepts, we developed the car in the same direction. Except for the beam wing ( I used a gurney in that area instead), the section of your CFD simulation is very similar to mine, but it is clear that you better developed each detail.

PS: Thank you very much for the link to CAEdevice in your interesting article.