2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
aral
aral

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season

notsofast wrote:
sennaf1god.94 wrote:...Don´t speak too loud. Now Newey has some spare time...who knows!

And you know how competent and competitive is Adrian...
Not sure if this has already been posted in another thread. Newey is rumored to help Ainslie win the America's Cup for England. Now that's a competition I'm looking forward to!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/sailing/27776371
Ancient and unsubstantiated rumour.

SweetApex
SweetApex

Aren't you all forgetting that Button leaving in either 2015 or 2016 is opening the door for Stoffel Vandoorne? Although he has shown some promising signs in GP2 it hasn't been a perfect season. However ART did struggle for a bit and they found their feet in Austria so that might set the scene for the rest of the season and Vandoorne could impress significantly.

SectorOne

Kimi might quit after 2015,
“Until my contract is finished and then I will probably stop. That is what I think is going to happen,” the 34-year-old said when asked by reporters how long he expected to stay at Ferrari.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/07/03/ ... ract-ends/
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Eddie Jordon just said that an Alonso/Lewis switch might happen next year

iotar__

That's a proper, solid silly season info. [BTW Raikkonen confirmed and praised by Matiacci, I'm right, I'm right ;-) then they fire him mid-2015-season and he goes to wave racer championship :-( ]

Who would want that, Merc or Lewis and if it's him would it happen only if he wins the championship? That would make more sense than leaving after losing.

George-Jung
George-Jung

JimClarkFan wrote:Eddie Jordon just said that an Alonso/Lewis switch might happen next year
To where? McLaren?

Doubt it..

Edit:
Or do you mean Alonso to Mercedes and Hamilton to Ferrari?

Waywardism
Waywardism

I'm convinced Alonso will be gone as soon as his contract is done. He doesn't seem to care anymore. Walking back to the garage after being dumped out in Q1 he was all smiles, he's been like this for a while. No idea where he's going to go though.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

George-Jung wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:Eddie Jordon just said that an Alonso/Lewis switch might happen next year
To where? McLaren?

Doubt it..

Edit:
Or do you mean Alonso to Mercedes and Hamilton to Ferrari?
Your edit is what he meant.

Somewhat confusing given he said in an article a few days ago that he believed alonso would stay.

We should name this thread the Eddie Jordan speculation thread....

Waywardism
Waywardism

Eddie Jordan always gets it right, probably because by the end of the season he's predicted every possibility

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Been doing a bit of reading and contemplating on the silly season and this is what i have for 2015:

Mercedes AMG = 6 - ROS/44 - HAM
Red Bull-Renault = 3 - RIC/5 - VET
Scuderia Ferrari = 7 - RAI/27 - HUL
Williams-Mercedes = 77 - BOT/19 - MAS
Force India-Mercedes = 11 - PER/20 - MAG
McLaren-Honda = 14 - ALO/8 - GRO
Toro Rosso-Renault = 26 - KVT/ TC - SAI
Lotus-Mercedes = TC - NZR/TC - VDG
Marussia-Ferrari = 17 - BIA/4 - CHI
Sauber-Ferrari = 99 - SUT/78 - DSO
Caterham-Renault = 9 - KOB/TC - €€€

sennaf1god.94

ESPImperium wrote:Been doing a bit of reading and contemplating on the silly season and this is what i have for 2015:

Mercedes AMG = 6 - ROS/44 - HAM
Red Bull-Renault = 3 - RIC/5 - VET
Scuderia Ferrari = 7 - RAI/27 - HUL
Williams-Mercedes = 77 - BOT/19 - MAS
Force India-Mercedes = 11 - PER/20 - MAG
McLaren-Honda = 14 - ALO/8 - GRO
Toro Rosso-Renault = 26 - KVT/ TC - SAI
Lotus-Mercedes = TC - NZR/TC - VDG
Marussia-Ferrari = 17 - BIA/4 - CHI
Sauber-Ferrari = 99 - SUT/78 - DSO
Caterham-Renault = 9 - KOB/TC - €€€
With Ron still alive and kicking you won't see a Grosjean surname on any McLaren car.
Ferrari will keep Fonzo for another year, and Fonzo loves to be best paid...
Bianchi won't stay at Marussia, he was yesterday the Fastest Ferrari in Qualification (12th) not by chance. His name is in all polls to replace Raikkonen at the end of the year.
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

WaikeCU

With Albers leading Caterham I think we might see Frijns coming in for Kobi next year

ScottB
ScottB

No way would Hamilton switch to Ferrari, why would he? Unless he truly believes the team is favouring Rosberg, and there isn't any evidence of that, nor the sort of dissatisfaction he was showing near the end at Mclaren to back that up.

Nor can I see why Mercedes would let him out of his contract, or risk adding a potential unstable element into their currently successful mix, but if Hamilton did go, I would imagine the bosses in Germany would prefer to move for Vettel, rather than Alonso.

I did agree with Jordan's view that Alonso seems to have stopped caring to a degree, his cheerful demeanor at being knocked out in Q1 contrasts sharply with Hamilton in Q3, who looked like his world had crashed down around him. I suspect he knows he can't do any better than he is doing, but has no place to go; a Mclaren return is no guarantee clearly, if Red Bull lost Seb, why would they spend big on Alonso would Ricciardo seems well equipped to lead that team alongside another Red Bull graduate?

It's a shame, as he is one of, if not the, best driver on the grid, but his only hope for a good car is to hope Ferrari build him one.

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

Mercedes AMG - Same
RBR - Same
Scuderia Ferrari - Same
Mclaren - Magnussen/Hulkenberg
Lotus - Same
Force India - Button/Perez
Sauber - Sutil/(hard to predict)
Toro Rosso - Kvyat/(hard to predict)
Williams - Same
Marussia - Bianchi/(hard to predict)
Caterham - Kobayashi/(hard to predict)

Racer X

I can see McLaren letting go off Button and getting a next Generation top driver but i dont see them taking any past driver into the team. So that said i discard personally Hamilton or Perez i really dont see them taking any of those two back for any reason. I can see them getting Hulk or Vettel.

I think next year we see Hulk in McLaren. Hes fast and consistent. Thats really my point that i think Hulk goes to McLaren.

Sergio Perez i think will either stay at Force India or go fill an empty spot in a top team as a number two driver. but i see Hulk becoming McLarens number 1 driver. I really am a fan of Force India this season. I think Force India if they can keep either Perez or Hulk they will be happy. but Both drivers leave next season.

Possible team moves next season:

Mercedes AMG - Same
RBR - Ricc - Hulk/Perez
Scuderia Ferrari - Alonso Hulk-Perez
Mclaren - Hulk -Maggnusen
Lotus - Same
Force India - Button - Hulk/Perez
Sauber - Gutierrez - Frinj
Toro Rosso - Kvyat - Bianchi
Williams - Same
Last edited by Racer X on 07 Jul 2014, 04:57, edited 3 times in total.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ