Manor Marussia F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

Re: Manor F1 Team 2015

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ostpopular
Although the funding of the entry fee and the move out of administration will be a big step forward, there remain huge hurdles ahead before Marussia can make it on to the grid.

The first will need to be overcome on Thursday, when F1's Strategy Group is set to discuss whether or not Marussia would be allowed to run a 2014 car this season.

It is now too late for the team to create a bespoke 2015 contender, but rivals have previously suggested that they would be willing to consider allowing the team dispensation to run last year's car if it helps it back into F1.

However, some of F1's smaller outfits may not be so willing to support the move because it could cost them a share of Marussia's commercial rights income that they would get if the team disappeared.
Anyone know if the vote mentioned(well they call it a discussion but I'm sure it comes down to a vote) in the article linked above has to be unanimous to allow the 2014 car or is just a majority needed?

FW17

Daliracing wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:Brabham? That crowdfunding project?
i was also thinking about that. It would be nice to see the name back in the sport
Wasn't Brabham Australian company?

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Daliracing wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:Brabham? That crowdfunding project?
i was also thinking about that. It would be nice to see the name back in the sport
Wasn't Brabham Australian company?
Jack was but the team was British.

Disclaimer...I just looked it up. I thought they were Aussie too.

Jonnycraig

Facts Only wrote: Where did you hear that he is the investor?
Justin King, the former chief executive of J Sainsbury, is among a group of investors negotiating a multimillion pound rescue bid for the ailing Formula One (F1) team Marussia.
http://news.sky.com/story/1421194/ex-sa ... of-f1-team
turbof1 wrote:We don't know if the team will get the price money. The conditions of getting said money are noted in the concorde agreement, and that's a fully disclosed contract we don't have anything official on. There were quotes and pieces that said that a team needs to attend all races, there were other quotes it was allowed to miss 3 races, other quotes say that the team is not allowed to change names. And we don't know if they are given some leeway if they did breached the conditions.

I hope they'll get it, for the record.
SkyF1 reported on their SSN coverage yesterday that they had been assured that the team would get the prize money.
1558 wrote:Anyone know if the vote mentioned(well they call it a discussion but I'm sure it comes down to a vote) in the article linked above has to be unanimous to allow the 2014 car or is just a majority needed?
Yes, it has to be unanimous.
WilliamsF1 wrote:
"Their plan is to revive a high-quality British racing ethic and brand-name."

Who is this?

BRM, Lola, Reynard, March?
Manor Motorsport.

siwillems

bill shoe wrote:I looked at a couple typical races from midseason last year and Marussia was 2-3 seconds quicker than the 107% cutoff, which means maybe they were 103-104% off Q1 quick time. So unless the competition is 2-3 seconds faster in 2015 or the reborn Marussia operates the cars significantly less well, I think qualifying within 107% should be consistently doable.

Backmarkers circa 2014 are vastly more competitive that backmarkers in previous years. Even 3 or 4 years ago HRT was struggling to fit within 107%, but in 2014 Caterham and Marussia did it with ease. Downside is this probably requires top-notch equipment, spares, data acquisition, operations engineering, preparation, etc. and this all costs money. My personal idea of a shoestring 2015 budget applied to the 2014 Marussia cars might not get them within 107%.

If they run 2014 cars this year with say Ferrari engines, they would be 2015 spec engines with improved drivability and power, so potentially the 2014 mark 2 car could be a few tenths quicker than last years cars.
Da de dum, de da da dum.
Da de dum, de da da duh!!!

rich1701

Minardi essentially used the same chassis for 3 years and managed to keep the pace with minimal development.

Super Aguri too managed to develop a 4 year old car to be on the pace.

I'm sure running last year's car won't be a problem for Marussia

Facts Only

It might be a bit more of a pace difference than anticipated because last year was the first year of a major new set of rules the improvements this year will be much larger than at the end of a rules cycle.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

FW17

Since Caterham f1 equipment and factory is for sale, Manor can pick everything on the cheap.

What Tony Fernandez and Andrey Cheglakov probably invested a 100 million is going to be on sale for 3-4 million?

WaikeCU

WilliamsF1 wrote:Since Caterham f1 equipment and factory is for sale, Manor can pick everything on the cheap.

What Tony Fernandez and Andrey Cheglakov probably invested a 100 million is going to be on sale for 3-4 million?
That simulator does come in handy. Does Manor have a simulator?

Jonnycraig wrote:
1558 wrote:Anyone know if the vote mentioned(well they call it a discussion but I'm sure it comes down to a vote) in the article linked above has to be unanimous to allow the 2014 car or is just a majority needed?
Thanks. I thought it might have to be unanimous. I sure hope some of the mid field teams, particularly a blue and yellow team, don't oppose it but I'm afraid I see that happening. :x

Can't say I blame them if they do. I mean it's a business and the teams hurting for money would be giving up a chunk of change if they let Manor come back.

Jonnycraig

1158 wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
Thanks. I thought it might have to be unanimous. I sure hope some of the mid field teams, particularly a blue and yellow team, don't oppose it but I'm afraid I see that happening. :x

Can't say I blame them if they do. I mean it's a business and the teams hurting for money would be giving up a chunk of change if they let Manor come back.
Sauber aren't likely to oppose more Ferrari engines in the grid. The stronger the Ferrari engine, the stronger Sauber will be. Far more likely would be Mercedes and/or Red Bull stopping them.

mikeerfol

acosmichippo

you'd think they would have figured that part out before coming out of administration.

adrianjordan

What would they need to change to make the existing car 2015 legal? Just the nose?

Could they realistically get a nose completed in time to compete this season?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

RicME85

More than just the nose, there was crash structure changes to iirc.