The mighty group C cars (and a bit of IMSA)

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
E86
E86

Re: The mighty group C cars (and a bit of IMSA)

I love these cars :D they were the ones that made me fall in love with racing and to pursue a career in MotorSports. I use to go to all the IMSA races on the west coast when I lived there in 90's.
Best Regards,
Eric Cantore
Team Pelfrey Racing

coaster

Motorsport really needs another niche like this, extra wide tires, overpowered chassis, silly amounts of downforce. Hybrid era is right for our times, surely theres room for something outrageous?

Inappropriate?

Just_a_fan

Porsche showed you can have hybrid stuff and silly downforce with their travelling show car. It was only a rule chamge that stopped it.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Pingguest

coaster wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 15:25
Motorsport really needs another niche like this, extra wide tires, overpowered chassis, silly amounts of downforce. Hybrid era is right for our times, surely theres room for something outrageous?

Inappropriate?
I guess something outrageous would become possible if the cars were to be free of emissions.

Just_a_fan wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 16:31
Porsche showed you can have hybrid stuff and silly downforce with their travelling show car. It was only a rule chamge that stopped it.
To what rule change are you referring to?

Just_a_fan

Pingguest wrote:
15 May 2020, 14:07
Just_a_fan wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 16:31
To what rule change are you referring to?
I seem to remember that the Le Mans rules changed resulting is less downforce etc, which is one reason that Porsche left, and why the Evo travelling showcar was developed "to show what might have been if rules allowed".
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.