Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
the EDGE

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Definitely a hint of 'Rocket-Red' in the paint when its in the sunlight

Lucky

Thunder

Pictures from AMuS:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Th3GoodSon

That paint is fascinating. In some light conditions it seems to be giving off a more orange colour where as in others it's a strait forward red. This is pure speculation but could it be, like McLaren developed the first workable silver paint for their car, they are developing a red paint that in direct sunlight gives off a more orange spectrum? Almost pearlescent perhaps? I look forward to seeing, anyway. For the record, I'm not a great fan of the current livery from the cockpit back but I'm assuming one reason for keeping it so plain is to try and help with the search for sponsors; if it's bland it's easier for the sponsor to project their colours onto it.

gandharva

They have still a lot of work to do.

timbo

Th3GoodSon wrote:That paint is fascinating. In some light conditions it seems to be giving off a more orange colour where as in others it's a strait forward red. This is pure speculation but could it be, like McLaren developed the first workable silver paint for their car, they are developing a red paint that in direct sunlight gives off a more orange spectrum? Almost pearlescent perhaps? I look forward to seeing, anyway. For the record, I'm not a great fan of the current livery from the cockpit back but I'm assuming one reason for keeping it so plain is to try and help with the search for sponsors; if it's bland it's easier for the sponsor to project their colours onto it.
Their rocket red paint was always like that. It looked very different in real life than on TV

mikeerfol

maccafan

gandharva wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQykWnw96OU

They have still a lot of work to do.
Well tbh that sound sounds worrying. Hope its just an engine setting.

Thunder

Interesting Brake Ducts.

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Sevach

It's a curious look this combo nose/FW, on a quick look it's as if the FW is floating.

Postmoe

I'm loving this quite minimalistic red rocket livery now that I see it in track daylight.

Only 5 spokes in the front rims, where the blown wheel nuts.

performergr

zoro_f1

About that sound of Honda power unit... the team is using system check and it will take time to run qual. or race laps.
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

Manoah2u

that is one tight rear! :wtf:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

McMrocks

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 42170.html

Ferrari, RB and McLaren are planning to bring shorter noses to Melbourne (if they pass the crash-test)