2015 Pre-season Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
NathanOlder

Re: 2015 Pre-season Testing

Nasr has no more to offer than susie does. GP2 shows that Nasr doesn't deserve to be in a race seat this year.

same goes for his team mate.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

CevertF1

NathanOlder wrote:Nasr has no more to offer than susie does. GP2 shows that Nasr doesn't deserve to be in a race seat this year.

I have to agree with this.

Vasconia

CevertF1 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:Nasr has no more to offer than susie does. GP2 shows that Nasr doesn't deserve to be in a race seat this year.

I have to agree with this.
Perhaps(or not) is the less talented driver line-up that I have seen in the last years. But I still hope that Ericsson can do it better.

Cale24

Nothing says 'pay driver' like having your entire car and team covered in your personal sponsor's colours :|

Sauber are a great team though, and I hope they moved forward on the grid again. 2015 Car looks like a decent first step in that direction.

mertol

Is it certain that Nasr was overtaking her?

Vasconia

Cale24 wrote:Nothing says 'pay driver' like having your entire car and team covered in your personal sponsor's colours :|

Sauber are a great team though, and I hope they moved forward on the grid again. 2015 Car looks like a decent first step in that direction.
I hope so. Sauber alongside Williams have (almost) always done a greater job than their respective budgest theoretically allow.

Cale24

Vasconia wrote:
Cale24 wrote:Nothing says 'pay driver' like having your entire car and team covered in your personal sponsor's colours :|

I hope so. Sauber alongside Williams have (almost) always done a greater job than their respective budgest theoretically allow.
Absolutely. The recent Williams resurgence has been great to see, and if they can do it Sauber can too. Ideally with an equivalent veteran at the helm, for Symonds has certainly made an impact. Maybe thats what's missing. And some straight talking sponsors / partners.
Or maybe when Audi get bored of winning Le Mans they can partner up with Sauber like BMW did, although that will be years from now I'd guess. Porsche, even better, any manufacturer really.

Artur Craft

Just for your information, we, who thinks Nasr is a mediocre driver, are "dumb":
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 08#p556608

Blackout

Quite true :mrgreen:
CevertF1 wrote:I have to agree with this.
Vasconia wrote:Perhaps(or not) is the less talented driver line-up that I have seen in the last years. But I still hope that Ericsson can do it better.
What :?: #-o this is ignorance.
Nasr is one of the best young drivers out there. He did better than Palmer; his 2013 teamate (who became the 2014 gp2 champion in another team) despite the fact Nasr had much less experience (a season less). Nasr was way better than Ericcson too. You simply cant compare them.
One of Nasrs problems in GP2: he drove for Carlin. Thats all. He deserves a seat in F1, a good car and a good team.

ChrisF1

Nasr has never impressed me. Strange errors at odd times, spent multiple seasons treading water in GP2 - just look at the top line drivers, they don't often do 3 seasons at the rung below F1.

BanMeToo

I (basically) agree with Blackout. Nasr isn't a future WDC but I still rate him. He will do a better job than Sutil or Gutierrez ever did, he will beat Ericsson, he just might flourish in F1.

PlatinumZealot

I never followed Nasr but he looks fast to me. Early signs point to him dominating Erickson. And Ericson was not that slow compared to Kobayashi by the end of last season. I think Nasr could be a future star.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Aesto

I'm a little reluctant to post this, because it, like the above discussion, has very little to do with testing; but since it's relevant: The biggest problem Ericsson had last year compared to Kobayashi was his weight. Since the minimum weight of the cars is higher this year, it is conceivable that he might do better.

On the crash between Wolff and Nasr: When a faster car overtakes a slower one, the slower driver can do one of two things - hold his line or move out of the way completely. Susie Wolff did the former, Nasr expected her to do the latter. Nasr's fault, it's the overtaking driver's responsibility to ensure that there is no crash if the driver being overtaken merely sticks to his (or her) line.

Mansell89

Can anyone come up with 5 reasons why Mercedes might not dominate 2015?

ParkerArt

Mansell89 wrote:Can anyone come up with 5 reasons why Mercedes might not dominate 2015?
There aren't any. Mercedes will steamroll the field; maybe not as hard as in 2014 but it will be 'boring' race for 1st and 2nd.

Possibility of even more of a gap to second in the WCC if Williams, Ferrari and Red Bull are constantly tripping over each other to 'best of the rest'. Even if Mercedes only wins 15 of the 20 races, it might be that no one else might take more than 2 wins and the rest of the podium stops are more even split between the other teams.