Ferrari Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
FDD
FDD

Re: Ferrari Power Unit Hardware & Software

Engine upgrade is allowed for this season, or teams must run with spec introduced on the start of the season?

SmallSoldier

FDD wrote:Engine upgrade is allowed for this season, or teams must run with spec introduced on the start of the season?
No engine upgrades during the season... They can introduce reliability upgrades, but they have to proof FIA that those aren’t performance upgrades (how they are going to police this, is everyone guess).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LM10

While last year they were still clearly behind Mercedes, Honda and Renault, they have now caught up with Renault, kept the distance to Honda and reduced the gap to Mercedes.

Experts estimate Ferrari's deficit in the combustion engine at 15 to 20 hp. On the other hand, Ferrari is already ahead in terms of electric drive. The charging mode is activated later on the straights than in the competition.
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... e-analyse/

Bill

ferrari still has the worst pu renault third Honda and Merc best top but Honda has slightly better deployment but with reliability issues

LM10

Bill wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 14:01
ferrari still has the worst pu renault third Honda and Merc best top but Honda has slightly better deployment but with reliability issues
You have your information from an article, just like me. Mine is AMuS, a pretty reliable one. Don't know about racefans and/or the guys who wrote that article.

PlatinumZealot

Now people are saying Ferrari has the best charging.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

godlameroso

Ferrari is going to do like Honda did last year and get more ummph out of what they have because they realized they can run it a little harder than they thought. Remember than Ferrari was experimenting with materials, looks like they have their own secret cylinder sauce.

Forza Ferrari!
Saishū kōnā

Lock2nl

They still refer to the Honda suffering from a tremor....

ryaan2904

Any news on the Ferrari 2022 engine?? Are they running the split turbo or not? The italians say they will, while the brits say they wont. Ferrari say they are pursuing an new design, with a compact size in mind. So split turbo or not? #-o
CFD Eyes of Sauron

LM10

ryaan2904 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:13
Any news on the Ferrari 2022 engine?? Are they running the split turbo or not? The italians say they will, while the brits say they wont. Ferrari say they are pursuing an new design, with a compact size in mind. So split turbo or not? #-o
Other than Franco Nugnes I’ve not seen any other person talking about the split turbo. The last most reliable sources told that Ferrari is going for an ambitious and new design path, but not the split turbo.
I don’t think Ferrari has ever seriously considered the split turbo design for next season as that would not be a wise decision considering Mercedes and Honda have tons of experience with it compared.

ryaan2904

LM10 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 20:28
ryaan2904 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:13
Other than Franco Nugnes I’ve not seen any other person talking about the split turbo. The last most reliable sources told that Ferrari is going for an ambitious and new design path, but not the split turbo.
I don’t think Ferrari has ever seriously considered the split turbo design for next season as that would not be a wise decision considering Mercedes and Honda have tons of experience with it compared.
At chrono gp, they insist that Ferrari is running split turbo. I agree tho, unless they've been running a split design since last year (like renault), its a big risk
CFD Eyes of Sauron

ryaan2904

https://scuderiafans.com/f1-ferrari-the ... new-alloy/

I don't get it. Why force compactness on intake when already its so compact. Also, at a time when bigger intake plenums are giving much more advantages. I don't only refer this year's mercs, but also if you notice, Honda's plenum size has only increased since 2017.
This, also at a time when f1's shifting to more underbody downforce anyways, so no need to improve rearwing efficiency anymore (atleast for Ferrari)
Also, no split turbo #-o :(
CFD Eyes of Sauron

ryaan2904

Also, i don't think split turbo was a risk, Ferrari has said before that part of the 2021 upgrade (new engine block/combustion chamber) was already ready last yr and that it would have been introduced if regulations allowed it to.
This means they've been at this new engine for atleast around 1.5 yrs. Ferrari could definitely have pulled this off :(
CFD Eyes of Sauron