2015 Belgian Grand Prix - 21-23 August

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jordan44

Re: 2015 Belgian Grand Prix - 21-23 August

Merc are still fine when racing other teams. Hungary was just a bad day at the office, Malaysia they weren't on top of their tyre management.

When racing Ferrari, they had successful strategy in: Spain, Bahrain, and I don't see anything wrong with their strategy in Hungary. Nico didn't have the pace to challenge and Lewis was never near on track.
When racing Williams, they had successful strategy in: Britain, Austria last year.

BanMeToo

Can we start probating for the constant stream of "ughhhhh another boring race coming up" in these race threads. Or give warnings. Whatever this forum does. tia.

Andres125sx

BanMeToo wrote:Can we start probating for the constant stream of "ughhhhh another boring race coming up" in these race threads. Or give warnings. Whatever this forum does. tia.
Any reason?

It´s fun when you read so many complains saying it will be another boring race like in previous Hungarian GP, and then the race is the most fun of the season :mrgreen: #-o :lol:

ME4ME

Maybe we should start a tradition of prediciting who wins the intra-team battles of each race :)

HAM-ROS
VET-RAI
BOT-MAS
RIC-KVY
HUL-PER
GRO-MAL
NAS-ERI
ALO-BUT
STE-MEH

Mr. Fahrenheit

Boring Spa? You lot need to stop acting like spoilt brats.

Spa is a gift of a track, a classic track that we were temporarily robbed of. Never forget that. All this talk of a boring procession, utter tosh.

I, for one, am looking forward to it greatly. I hope both Mercedes drivers are on form to get a good fight between them. I'm interested in seeing if this now supposedly aerodynamically superior Red Bull can stick to the corners. I'm keen to see where Ferrari really are minus gifts, circumstance and perfect weather conditions.

The summer break kills me and I desperately want to see some F1 happening again; Happy days are coming!

Juzh

Another power circuit, another ez merc win.

SectorOne

It´s been tough without F1 the last couple months, some ridiculous gaps between races..
Good thing 2016 will change all of that with a maximum 3 week gap just once in the season.

-

Mercedes likely to win (you don´t say?) but i expect fierce competition within the silver and red teams.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Schuttelberg

Nobody here is trying to make Spa out to be a snooze festival. It's a very popular track amongst the fans and the drivers. Also, I don't see the harm in 'some' fans constantly moaning that it will be a boring race. Where else can fans vent? As long as it makes sense and doesn't ridicule a person or his/her opinion it's fine. I don't think anyone here grudges the fact that Mercedes have made a rocket ship. They deserve their success and personally I'm happy for them though I'm not their biggest fan.

Fans want excitement. They want to see racing and most importantly competition. If you asked 100 fans to rate the British GP, 95-99% would tell you that they loved it. Now, let's explain why- 1) It was unpredictable. 2) Mercedes had to work for the win 3) We saw great passes and most crucially, with 10 laps to go you didn't know who was going to win. It's not about the winner, it's about competition. Now, a buff like me will watch even the practice sessions. But, having followed the sport for two decades so religiously, I want to be treated better in the sense that I want to watch a grand prix after two hours and go WOW!

For very long, the people that have run the sport haven't cared about the fans, drivers or teams. It's just about the money. I don't see the harm if someone like me has a rant about it on here.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Jordan44

Schuttelberg wrote:Nobody here is trying to make Spa out to be a snooze festival. It's a very popular track amongst the fans and the drivers. Also, I don't see the harm in 'some' fans constantly moaning that it will be a boring race. Where else can fans vent? As long as it makes sense and doesn't ridicule a person or his/her opinion it's fine. I don't think anyone here grudges the fact that Mercedes have made a rocket ship. They deserve their success and personally I'm happy for them though I'm not their biggest fan.

Fans want excitement. They want to see racing and most importantly competition. If you asked 100 fans to rate the British GP, 95-99% would tell you that they loved it. Now, let's explain why- 1) It was unpredictable. 2) Mercedes had to work for the win 3) We saw great passes and most crucially, with 10 laps to go you didn't know who was going to win. It's not about the winner, it's about competition. Now, a buff like me will watch even the practice sessions. But, having followed the sport for two decades so religiously, I want to be treated better in the sense that I want to watch a grand prix after two hours and go WOW!

For very long, the people that have run the sport haven't cared about the fans, drivers or teams. It's just about the money. I don't see the harm if someone like me has a rant about it on here.
If you say so, although I thought it was pretty predictable that Williams would hand the win to Mercedes with a very poor attempt to prevent the undercut in Britain. I never doubted Mercedes wouldn't claim the top step.

PlatinumZealot

Nathanael F1 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:One the races that tends to perform below it's billing. Spa is one of the most looked forward to tracks on the calendar but recent races have not been memorable. I think 2009 was the last good Spa race that I can remember. This year looks to be another boring one.
What about the Webber-Alonso overtake on Eau Rouge? Wasn't that exciting?
Yeah I remember that. But the rest of the race is black in my mind.
Same for last year. The Mercedes drivers collide then a black space... For races I tend to remember the battle for the win and crashes.. but the little fuzzy stuff in between is hard to remember.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

Schuttelberg wrote:Can't believe people actually believe Ferrari can win, without some drama.

Hamilton isn't going to have another weekend like that in my opinion. He's too good for it. Ferrari may have a glimmer of hope if it rains. I'm backing Lewis on this one. Even if he has a botched up start, he will end up winning the race. Raikkonen had an okay weekend @ Hungary. This could be his best chance all year. He needs it too.
Yes the track is very wide on average. All Lewis and Nico have to do is lay a finger on that overtake button and they will breeze past whoever they want. Sorta boring for most people, but I won't complain. :mrgreen:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

Mr. Fahrenheit wrote:Boring Spa? You lot need to stop acting like spoilt brats.

Spa is a gift of a track, a classic track that we were temporarily robbed of. Never forget that. All this talk of a boring procession, utter tosh.

I, for one, am looking forward to it greatly. I hope both Mercedes drivers are on form to get a good fight between them. I'm interested in seeing if this now supposedly aerodynamically superior Red Bull can stick to the corners. I'm keen to see where Ferrari really are minus gifts, circumstance and perfect weather conditions.

The summer break kills me and I desperately want to see some F1 happening again; Happy days are coming!
Not to belabour the point.. Spa is good, one of the top five tracks - but when was the last time we got a 10 out of 10 Spa race?
Some of those boring Tilke tracks have been coming on good of late with nail biting races, but Spa in recent times needs rain and even then you might not get any thing edge of your seat. Don't get me wrong I love Spa as a track... but I don't want to deny that it has not been living up to its expectations of late. Every year the threads are covered in the regurgitant "Who can go flat through Eau rouge" bantering.... and we banteron and on.. and then the race comes.. and nothing to talk about but driver misdemeanors, stewards decisions and.... who did not go flat through Eau rouge (while nursing a puncture)... This race is way overdue for a barnstormer...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

foxmulder_ms

Which year was it? Kimi's overtake of Schumi at eau rouge.. That was epic. I think it is one of the best overtakes in F1 history.

NathanOlder

Im thinking the Mercedes drivers will be under strict instructions not to screw this one up for 2 reasons
1. What happened last year
2. Its the only track on the current calendar they have failed to win since reforming in 2010. (Obviously not including Mexico)
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Nathanael F1

foxmulder_ms wrote:Which year was it? Kimi's overtake of Schumi at eau rouge.. That was epic. I think it is one of the best overtakes in F1 history.
That was 2012 I think.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg